THIRTY-TWO| pope's antique electronic

THE rain came pouring down.

Ever since they followed Gavin to the construction site near the local surf shop—Eden had worked at the surf shop when she was fifteen or so, and knew exactly where Ward and Gavin would be meeting—the group had been caught in the pouring rain, waiting for some sort of action to take place.

Now, Eden didn't entirely hate the rain. It was rather peaceful—if you weren't standing in it wearing shorts and a t-shirt. For once in her life, Eden didn't have a bathing suit underneath her clothes, and was now forced to stand soaking wet and slightly cold, given it was night.

The four teens were watching the construction site from a nearby fence, peeking over to make sure they were still hidden. Eden had to wipe water from her eyes every few minutes, and was ready to just go home—her white shirt was stuck to her figure and she had soggy jeans.  Thank God she wore waterproof mascara.

Thunder booms and lighting strikes around them, and Eden blinks water from her lashes, praying that Gavin and Ward get whatever they had to do done so that she and her friends could leave with the information before they developed a cold. 

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic?" JJ speaks up, eyeing up the bulky camera Pope held in his hands. Eden had noticed him pull it out in the car, but hadn't questioned much other than sending a small side eye, given that Pope was Pope. "Why don't you just use your phone?"

"His phones in Gavin's car, dumbass." Eden reminds, standing on her tippy toes to get a better view of above the fence to see if the two men had arrived yet. 

Pope turns his head to meet JJ's gaze, snapping, "Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. And second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away." 

"Only you would own one of those, Pope." the Bexley sighs.

Kiara nods in agreement, "Lord of the dorks."

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass." the Heyward boy rolls his eyes for a minute before they widen, "There he is!"

Eden looks through the rain to see a familiar figure running through the rain—Ward Cameron.  He's holding a duffel bag in his grasp as he sprints through the damp, puddled filled roads towards the construction site.

"Yo, get down." JJ says, and the four teenagers crouch down further, wanting to make sure Ward had a lesser chance of spotting them. The last thing Eden wanted was for them to be caught—this was their one chance at getting John B.'s name cleared.

Another man runs towards the construction site as Ward does—Gavin.

"And there's Gavin." Pope confirms. He puts the camera up to his eye, "Where are you going you son of a bitch?" The two men go inside the construction site, and the camera-holding boy starts to panic because they're out of frame now, "No, no, no, no. I'm losing him. Shit. Where's he going?"

"Hold on." JJ disappears from Eden's side, causing her to whip her head back around in his direction. He squeezes into a small alleyway which the four had entered from, and looks around for a moment before ushering his friends to follow, "Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here."

The three follows after him, confused.

"Gotta go up top." the blonde quietly states, pointing upwards before leading his friends to a ladder which would take them to the roof of a nearby building. He starts to scale the ladder while his friends proudly admire his ability to find a decent solution to their problem, unlike earlier.