FIFTEEN|so many mosquitoes

EDEN
listened as Pope gave directions to their new destination from the back of the Twinkie.

"Okay, so the road should split up here." Pope took shotgun as John B. drove, eyes darting between the map in his hands to the road ahead.  He spewed out directions, making sure everything was matching up—being the smartest one out of them all in this department, he was put in charge of being the real-life GPS.

"Okay." John B. nodded.

"Alright. You're gonna take a left."

The Twinkie swerved to the left, causing the side of Eden's head to bang against the window with a small 'thump'. She quickly pressed a hand to her temple, a groan surpassing her lips at the sudden pain, "Give a warning next time you're gonna try to give me a concussion, bro."

John B. pulled over on the side of the road, and everyone looked out the window to see a stone wall covered in vines and leaves—just as they were looking for. 

As the vehicle came to a halt, JJ crawled up beside the Bexley, looking out the window she'd hit her head upon moments before, musing, "That looks like a stone wall to me."

"No, really, J?" Eden gave a dumbfounded expression at the blonde boy, "I thought it was made of wood."

"Fuck off, Eden." the Maybank flipped her the bird, "Seriously."

From the passenger seat, Pope looked at the stone wall, "This is it."

The group of five exited the car, all of them letting out an audible groan once they noticed the house built behind the stone wall.  This was the Crain Estate—setting of the biggest horror story with the OBX.  

Rumor had it that she killed her husband with an ax and buried him under their home—the very place the Pogues happened to be.  While the rumor has never been proven true....it's never been proven false either.

"Not the Crain house." John B. muttered, showing a look of distaste.

Eden deadpanned, staring up at the house, "Of-fucking-course it's in the Crain house. Why would the gold be anywhere simple, like, I don't know—in a treasure chest?"

"Are you kidding me?" Kie exclaimed.

JJ came up beside her, "Worst-case scenario."

"Why'd it have to be here of all places?" Pope complained.

As the group continued to look at the house, trying to find the courage to go inside.  From in between Kie and Pope,  JJ spoke with no hint of sarcasm, "I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property." 

"Not helping the situation, whatsoever."  Eden looked at the boy with a deadpanned expression.

"Well...." John B. trailed off, beginning to walk forward.  He started to hoist himself over the wall, as if he hadn't been in a hospital bed hours before hand.  Eden opened her mouth to protest against the boy using his arm without a care, but he'd already fallen to the other side.  From the other side, the brunette ushered everyone to follow, "What are you waiting for? We don't have all day!"

"Let's hope we all come back in one piece." the Bexley muttered before hoisting herself up and over too, landing on the grass behind the wall where John B. was awaiting.  Standing up, she met his side as she watched everyone follow after her—like baby ducklings following their mother. 

Once JJ came over—the final of the bunch—Eden gave them all a smile, "Follow along my little ducklings." 

JJ narrowed his eyes, "Did she just—"