EIGHTEEN| forgiveness is possible

THE boys still hadn't returned.

The sun had long passed it's peak—it had been a pretty sunset, and managed to make Eden's night slightly better—the snacks had been eaten down to scarce amounts and JJ's joint had been passed between the three girls until it was down to nothing but the filter.  

The three Kook girls sat against the edge of the boat beside one another with nothing but a lamp to provide light.  The blunt had affected all three of them, but Sarah had clearly never smoked something as hard—or hey, maybe she's never smoked at all—because ever since starting the blunt, the girl hadn't stopped asking stupid, pointless questions, which got more stupid and pointless the higher she got.

At first, Eden found it slightly amusing, watching the blunt take effect on Sarah.  The questions started out general and they took up the time—the Bexley had answered why she made bracelets (because why not)  whether she's a cat person (dog, by a long-shot) and whether or not she thought Jack could fit on the door with Rose (yes and no). 

But now, after an hour or two of questions, Eden was starting to get annoyed.  Had she been so.....ditsy during her first high? Did John B. and JJ have videos of her like this? She hoped not, and would gladly delete them if she did. 

A drunk sounding laugh fell past Sarah's lips as she looked towards the sky, "Wow. Hey, guess what? Would you rather have—I was imagining you two like this just now and it was pretty funny.  Would you ima—would you rather.....have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples?"

Holy shit she was high.  Eden couldn't help the laugh that left her lips, because this question was honestly funny.  She'd never seen the Kook so care free.   Kiara on the other hand didn't seem interested in the slightest, causing the Cameron to continue talking at the silence that she was given, "Imagine if you get really old and your nipples—your boobs get saggy and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied."

Neither Pogues replied, and Sarah started shaking her head, realizing it was a dumb question.  Kie then turned to look at the Kook, asking in an annoyed voice, "Is this like your first time smoking or something?"

"No." Sarah said flatly, before speaking up yet again, "Hey, guys—"

"Oh my God. Enough of the 'hey guys' bullshit." Kiara looked past Eden to meet Sarah's gaze, "Why'd you do it?"

"Why did I do what?"

"Do you seriously have no clue what she's talking about?" Eden pressed, raising a brow.  It had been the elephant in the room—the reason they were stuck on the boat in the first place.  The Bexley prayed they talked the tension out because if not, she'd been trapped with them for nothing.  

Kiara stated, "We were best friends.  We—we stole beers from your dad's fridge, we watched movies together, we cried about boys.  And the next thing I know, I'm watching your birthday party happen from Instagram."

"It was one party." the Cameron defended.

"You invited everyone except her." Eden pointed out, staying on her friend's side.  Sure, it was a birthday party, a singular party that Kie had been uninvited to, but everyone had been there.  People whom Sarah had never talked to, who she hated—everyone.  "Yep, we counted.  While you were popping bottles of champagne with your Kooks, me and Kiara were naming everyone off."

Kiara added, "And then you told everybody I was the reason the party got busted."

Sarah crossed her arms, feeling rather ganged up upon by the two Pogues, "Okay, well who else would have called the cops?"