TWENTY FIVE| hiding with a wanted man

EDEN never expected to be running from the cops, but hey, there was a first time for everything, right? 

Being the daughter of Isla and Tom Bexley, Eden was practically born protected.  With her father's respect and her mother's 'royalty' on the island, no one would ever dare do something so much as send her a wrong glance.  Hell, one wrong gesture and you had half of the Kooks against you.

Because of this, Eden rarely found herself in positions such as running from the cops.  No one would ever assume Eden Bexley, daughter of respectable, privileged and proper Isla Bexley would do wrong, and no one would ever try to blame her for such—if Shoupe so much as tried to question her for a crime, the girl's sure he'd end up loosing his job.

Yet, here Eden was—in the back of the SUV, cramped and tired as hell.  Oh, and yes, hiding from the police.

Kiara had driven them to the Cut—lucky for them, no one recognized her Toyota 4Runner the way they recognized the Twinkie—and after an hour or so of trying to find the perfect spot, they ended up in the woods, under a run-down, empty shack where no one would really look.  

The south side was a shitty place to live but Eden had to admit, it made great hiding spot with it's overgrown plants and run-down shacks.

The Bexley's legs are more cramped than she's ever felt and she's running on mere minutes of sleep—all five of them had tried to catch some sort of sleep, but it was hard to zone out when their friend was wanted for murder, let alone in the position they were in.  Kiara's car was not meant to sleep five people.

"Good news for residents of the Outer Banks." a man speaks from the radio within the car, the group blankly tuned in, though Eden is barely listening, giving her eyes are barely staying open.  She's lying in the back between JJ and John B., head against JJ's shoulder for support, legs pulled up to her chest to give the other two room. "Dominion Power says their underwater transmission line, which will restore power to 90% of the area, should be functional within 24 hours."

Sirens ring outside and JJ quickly pops up to make sure none are coming their way, Eden groaning as her head support is yanked away.  The police vehicles drive right past them, and the blonde returns to his sitting position, the Bexley lying her head down once more.

"And still, no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin." the man continues droning on and on, "The state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, a juvenile from—"

Kiara quickly switches off the radio before he can state John B.'s name. 

"Let's game this out," JJ speaks, breaking the silence the Pogues had fallen into since last night, "Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but....." the blonde sighs, "....who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?" 

Eden and John B. shared a look, the answer obvious.

"So the accuser is a big shot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused.....is John B., who is....pretty much a homeless, sixteen year old boy at the moment." 

John B. nodded, "Thanks."

"Shit." Pope mutters from the passenger seat.

"Okay, man." the Maybank boy starts right up again, "Yucatan, alright? I'm saying, that's the only option. What other option do you have?"