TWENTY SIX| worried moms, arguing daughters

EDEN looked solemnly outside The Wreck's door frame.

The previous night—after stopping at the Cameron Estate to alert Sarah of what was happening, (Kie and Pope both went up, though the Heyward boy returned much sooner with a frown on his face)—Kiara offered them a place to stay within The Wreck.  

She knew that JJ nor Eden would go home, and if her or Pope tried to do so, they'd end up on house arrest.  So, she decided to break into her parents place to give them shelter and a place to sleep for the night—though the Bexley wouldn't really say she slept much.

Her mind was alert all night, the worry she was feeling increasing at every passing siren.  For all she knew, John B. had been found, had been harmed, was in a jail cell where no one would listen to his pleas that he didn't do it.  All the while Ward Cameron kicked up his feet upon a beach cabana, gold in his pockets.

Currently, the girl was watching the passing police cars, JJ beside her, the boy fiddling with his lighter—a nervous tick of his. The two stood in silence, not wanting to awake Pope—who made a make-shift bed out of toilet paper rolls—or Kiara, who was using a package of paper towels as a pillow.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ mutters. 

"No." Eden shakes her head, trying to hope for the best.  She was trying to see the continuous police sirens—they hadn't stopped since their getaway drive the day prior—as the station still searching for John B. rather than the opposite. "They wouldn't still be patrolling if they found him."

"Let's hope."

From her sleeping area, Kiara speaks, alerting everyone that she was awake, "You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." 

"If they don't find him within the next day or so, I bet they'll start questioning everyone who knew him." the Bexley hums, agreeing with what the other girl said. "Starting with us, of course.  One way or another, we're going to become apart of this whole man-hunt."

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope states, causing the three teens to look at him as he approaches from his toilet roll bed.

Eden nods, "I second that. I'd rather be caught trying to help him then just sitting around."

"So, find him before they do?" JJ questions as Pope heads over to a table, snatching the motorbike—which was sitting in the front yard of The Wreck—keys from his green bag. "Pope?"

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." the Heyward boy states firmly, quickly pacing out of the restaurant. Eden's eyes narrowed at the cold shoulder he seemed to be giving them—ever since last night at the Cameron Estate, when he left with Kie, he'd been awfully distant and quiet, more than he normally was.

Eden sends him a motherly look, "Don't get caught, alright?" 

"Yeah, be careful. Okay?" Kiara adds. It's not hard to miss the way Pope visibly tenses at the girl's words.

Ignoring the Carrera, Pope turns back to JJ and Eden, "Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." He then exits out of The Wreck without so much as a second glance.

Eden and JJ share a look as Kiara chases after Pope. Something was up.

Now, Eden knew things had been tense between the two teens since Pope told her about the scholarship argument they had, but this tension was different.  She assumed it had something to do with how Pope seemed so upset returning to the SUV the other night, but what exactly had happened, she was still unsure of.

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒, 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें