A little bit scary

Start from the beginning

"I'd love that." Dream smiled warmly.

"Here we are." The woman returned, a small box in hand. "Already paid for, so you're right to take them. Are you the ring bearer?" She asked George.

"No, but he is." George gestured to Dream, and the woman glanced over with a nod, and then held out a small card.

"Instructions. On how to not lose the rings." She said, peering over her glasses to look at Dream, who chuckled nervously as he took the card.

"I wouldn't lose them, I'm the best man. And I'm not an idiot."

"You're not the first best man to say that." She gave him a stare. "You can't say you won't lose them unless you've carried rings on your person in the past and managed to not lose them."

"I'll have you know I bought an engagement ring and never lost it." Dream stood up straighter, feeling attacked by this random lady.

"Mm-hm." Her eyes went to his hand, where no wedding band sat. Dream self-consciously tightened his hand into a fist. "When was that proposal?"

"Few years ago." Dream said softly.

"Mm. Didn't lose the ring, but managed to lose the girl." She tutted.

"Alright, we have to go. Wedding planning, you know how it is." George said nervously, taking the ring box and then Lana's hand, gently tugging her towards the entrance. In turn, she pulled on Dream, who saw the lady give him one more judgemental stare before they left.

"What a rude woman." George said with a scoff, and then glanced over at Dream, who was still silent. "She must have a lot of people lose the rings. To have those instructions ready."

"I wouldn't lose them." Dream said, softly. And then looked at George, who was still holding the box in his hand. George held it out, and Dream tentatively took it, carefully opening it to see the two golden bands of slightly different sizing. He snapped it shut and held it in a tight grip.

"Which shop is Karl's suit at?" George asked,
cleaning his throat. Lana was still between them, holding a hand each and skipping along.

"It's actually on this street." Dream said, still refusing to put the box even in his pocket. What if he actually did lose them? He'd ruin the wedding.

"Would you like to put the rings in your car for now? So you know where they are and you don't have to hold them?" George offered. Dream nodded, and led the way to his car that was parked on the street.

He let go of Lana to open the car and put the box in the front compartment. He felt slightly uneasy now he had the rings. He was not worried at all before. That lady has gotten in his head.

He heard George talking quietly to Lana as Dream made sure the rings were secure, and locked his car twice when he stepped back.

"Dream, can I have a piggy back!" Lana said, tugging on his hand. "Please." She added sweetly.

"Sure." Dream smiled, glancing at George who nodded once with a similar smile, and Dream ducked down slightly so she could jump on his back and wrap her arms around his neck.

"It's so high up here!" She giggled when Dream stood up, making him laugh and look at George who rolled his eyes.

"I'm pretty tall too, Lana." George said.

"Dream's tallest than Daddy." She said, and Dream smirked at George.

"Whatever. Come on, you two." George huffed, waving them away from the car.

Dream led the way to the store, Lana giggling the entire time on his back. George was laughing too, meeting Dream's eyes every now and again with a small smile and warm eyes which Dream returned.