A bit too domestic

Chapter 14

Dream woke up to something crawling onto his chest. At first, he thought it was patches, but it giggled. And he knew his cat didn't make that noise.

He opened his eyes, and nearly jumped when two big brown eyes peered down at him, with brown hair falling into his face.

"Hi Dream!" Lana's little voice was full of happiness as she leaned back up, laughing. Dream blinked a few times, confused as to why she was kneeling on his chest and laughing at him. He glanced around before realising he was in George's apartment.

"Hi?" Dream sat up slightly, and Lana nearly fell off the couch and onto the floor, but he quickly caught her. She was wearing her matching blue pajama set with yellow stars on them. "Oh, sorry!" He said when he nearly knocked her off, but she just laughed.

"You falled asleep on the couch." She said, poking him on the nose. He furrowed his eyebrows, entirely confused on how that happened. He looked down and realised he was still in his damn halloween costume.

"Morning, Dream." George said with a small smile, entering the room with two mugs, also still in his sleep clothes, black sweatpants and long-sleeved shirt. "Sleep alright?"

"Um. Yeah, I suppose." Dream said, still confused as he tugged Lana up with him as he sat up properly. She giggled, hugging him. "Why am I still here?" He asked, hugging her back but looking at George for answers.

"You were falling asleep after we finished sorting her sweets." George placed a mug down on the table in front of Dream, and sat down on the other couch, holding his own. "Instead of driving back I just took you to the couch. That's for you by the way." He nodded at the mug in front of Dream, who eyed it.

"Oh. I'm... I'm sorry." Dream laughed a little awkwardly, shifting Lana slightly as he reached forward to grab his mug. Lana looked quite pleased at her still managing to be hugging Dream, and not being kicked off his lap yet.

Dream took a sip of the coffee and realised it was exactly the way he always had it. The right amount of milk and sugar. He stared at it for a moment, feeling a large amount of nostalgia.

"It's alright. I did try to convince her to not wake you up yet, but... well. She was very excited you were here." George said, looking at Lana with a small smile and a roll of his eyes.

"It's the perfect birthday present for Daddy!" She said, grinning up at Dream, who's eyes widened and he immediately looked at George.

"Oh sh- ah shoot. Happy, uh... birthday." Dream sat the mug down.

"Thanks." George laughed.

"It... uh, just took a moment to figure out where I was." Dream laughed nervously.

"You're fine, Dream." George watched him in amusement.

"I didn't mean to crash your birthday morning." Dream furrowed his eyebrows.

"You haven't." George assured him. "Lana already gave me her gift. Didn't you?" He smiled at her.

"I did!" She beamed.

"Do you want to show Dream what you got me?" George asked, and she nodded, scrambling off Dream and rushing out of the room. George chuckled lightly as she did.

"God, I'm so sorry. I'm a horrible person. Crashing your birthday and staying over and forgetting it was your birthday." Dream put his hands on his head.

"Stop stressing you idiot. I don't care." George shook his head with a smile.

"I got you something." Dream then said, and George looked at him, curiously. "It's in my car, I can go get it."