♡ Inu - Chuuya Nakahara ♡

Genre: Fluff, Chuuya finds a puppy

Character: Chuuya Nakahara

The night was cold and harrowing, storm clouds gathered like vultures flocking to a carcass. Behind the thick carpet of shadows, the moon winked down upon a dingy street in Yokohama.

Chuuya Nakahara wasn't the type of guy who enjoyed sacrificing his off time. Even in a storm, the gravity-manipulator refused to allow himself to be stopped from returning home after a long day of work. He was, after all, a force of nature.

Unfortunately, being a god didn't make him immune to bad weather.

What was at first a trickle became torrents of rain, it pounded at him relentlessly as he sprinted beneath the streetlights. Every profanity that Chuuya hissed through his teeth was swept away by the gathering winds; a dull red glow surrounded his hat and coat as he used his ability to stop them from being blown into the street.

"This storm is seriously fucking up my plans..." He grumbled. The mafioso had been intending to relax at the bar that evening, since he had earned himself the morning off by impressing his boss, Mori-sama. However... Now that he was drenched from head to toe, there was no way he would be able to procede with his plans.

A flash of lightening illuminated the path infront of him for a split second, and Chuuya jumped slightly. The strike was accompanied by loud thunder, which took him by surprise... Yet, there was something else. Another noise had emerged from the darkness as the lightening struck, one that surprised the wet-clothed man even more.

"C-could it be?" Chuuya mumbled, using his gloved hand to wipe a few drops of rain from his brow.

Due to the stormy conditions, he couldn't be sure of what he saw or heard. The lightening had only flashed momentarily, which was hardly enough time to get a clear view of the path infront of him... And yet, Chuuya held on to hope.

"Hey, is anyone there?"

As he stepped out into the yellow glow of a streetlight, the mafioso's heart skipped a beat. Someone else had decided to follow him into the light; someone who Chuuya had been hoping to meet for a long time.

"P-puppy! It's a puppy!"

Chuuya had to restrain himself from jumping up and down at the sight of the adorable creature. It was soaked through, its fur weighed down by rainwater and its tail between its legs. Nonetheless, Chuuya was captivated.

After throwing a quick glance over his shoulder to make sure none of his mafia coworkers were watching, it didn't take long for the man to crouch down in the muddy road and scoop the dog up in his arms. It was shivering nonstop against his skin; Chuuya's heartstrings ached.

"Don't worry pup, I'm gonna take real good care of you."

Despite keeping his composure and prioritising the puppy's health, it was difficult for him to carry the animal home without petting it. After all, Chuuya Nakahara was very much a dog lover; everything about them hit every soft spot on his angry little body.

A/N: I'll continue this in the morning!! ♡ Currently 543 words