Chapter Five: Back to Reality

*Aidan's p.o.v.*

- a week later-

I came back to school today. I was still very sore but the doctors gave me strong medication to take for the pain. I told myself that I was going to stay out the way and stay away from Mr. Sassypants and Mr. Teacher Sassypants. I grabbed my things for my classes and made my way to class. I saw Mr. Sassypants with his sidekick and they both acknowledged me because they looked at me.

I will not allow myself to be associated with Mr. Sassypants knowing he is friends with them. I just rolled my eyes and I walked right past him and his trusty sidekick. I smiled when I saw my dad in the hallway.

"Hey, do you need help?" He asked.

"Yes please." I smiled. He grabbed my book bag and walked with me to class. When we made it to my class, my dad hugged me carefully and told me that he loved me. I told him I loved him too before entering class. Class was pretty uneventful until I got to Teacher Sassypants's class. All of my bullies were in here including Mr. Sassypants. When i walked in, he looked at me with his eyes wide.

"Good to have you back Aidan. Glad you are feeling better." He said. I just nodded my head and got to my seat quickly. Mr. Sassypants was sitting in his usual seat and I just winced in pain when i sat down.

"Alright ladies and gents, let's start off by talking about our weekends. How was your weekend Aidan?" Mr. Teacher Sassypants asked.

"I was in the hospital because of kids in this room, so I rather not talk about it." I stated. I heard someone groan behind me and I turned around the minute i heard it.

"You are still not over that Aidan. We were just playing with you. Can't you take a joke?" Nick smirked.

"It wasn't a joke." I snapped.

Mr. Sassypants was looking at me in a way that I couldn't decipher. I just rolled my eyes and turned back around. I think I'm just so frustrated because it is always me sticking up for myself and no one believing me or taking my side. I have been tormented for years by the same group of people and when my ex-stepdad started to abuse me, it wasn't stopping at home, so it was constant. My dad got the worst of it and it definitely hurt to see him like that and feeling powerless. Once again, i feel powerless.

I just sunk my head in my desk for the rest of the class period. When it was the end of the class, i was walking out when Mr. Sassypants 2.0 called my name. I froze in my spot and looked back at him.

"Yes, you called me." I told him. He closed the door and he looked over at me. I was really started to hate that once again, no one is listening to me. I have really bad social anxiety, so I hate talking in front of people.

"You were out and you missed a couple of assignments. Here is a makeup project you can do to help replace those missing assignments." He told me. I just nodded my head and rolled my eyes.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically. I mean no regard for what happened. No acknowledgment other than oh here is an assignment you missed. Complete it and get out my face. I was just about to leave when he called my name again.

"Yes." I said looking at him. He was just staring at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"Just called my name to waste my time." I snapped as I walked out the classroom. I probably should have just came later in the week. I thought to myself.

*Avery's p.o.v.*

I was sitting at my desk on my lunch break when I heard a knock on my door. I looked up through the glass window and saw Raven. He let himself in and I stood up near my desk.