A dash of daughter or two

Start from the beginning

As soon as I park outside I make my way to the store, even if some are still closed or are close it closing, this one is always open. I know I said I had about an hour to stay with Lola but in reality, it seems i would not have made thirty minutes as Gabriella started blowing up my phone asking where I was. I found myself standing in the middle of an isle as I text her telling her that I am picking up a few things for Storm.

Just as soon as I send my text, someone speaks next to me making me jump that I almost let my phone fall but I was quick to catch it.

"What is wrong with you?! Can't you ever come up to me like a normal person??" I tried not to shout at him so I don't make a scene but he seems to quite amused by my reaction.

"You should be more aware of your surroundings." He says.

I roll my eyes as I put my hand on my hip out of annoyance. When I turn my eyes to look at what his basket is holding, I notice a few baby stuff in there. Wait he has a kid?

"Huh, this is new." I comment looking at the baby mixture.

"What?" He says looking confused, until his eyes moved to his basket. "No. It's not what it looks like, I'm babysitting." He quickly explains.

"Hey, I'm a mother too. It's actually cute." I say making my leave but we are talking about Greyson here, he definitely did not let me go so easily as he started following me around.

"You know since you said I'm cute." I roll my eyes as I continue scanning the isle. "It would help if I knew what to buy since I'll be left with my nieces all evening." He says.

"It's thanksgiving. Doesn't your family celebrate thanksgiving?" I ask as I pick up some bananas and put the in the basket. Greyson does the same thing but I don't ask about it assuming that's what he was there for too.

"On my paternal side, everyone is too busy with their own thing and my maternal side, my cousin and his wife are also somewhat busy so I'm taking care of their daughters." He says. I guess not every family likes family traditions then.

"You? You can take care of kids?" I reply, still going about getting some stuff and I notice Greyson takes everything I take. I don't question it again considering it's a good idea.

"Just because of what I said to you doesn't mean I hate kids." He replies. "But I just don't know what to get them especially because Sansa needs some uh.."-He pauses trying to find the right words when I looked at him waiting for an answer. He clears his throat nervously as his hand scratches the back of his neck-"Pads."

"Oh." I say, trying very hard to hold the laugh in me. So he needs help help. "Well, did she tell you what kind she uses?"

"She said no tampons and no wings, I know tampons but I have no idea what wings are." He replies.

I was about to answer before I found myself cackling and trying to catch my breath. Oh my goodness that's so cute! He does not seem to find it funny at all as he waited for me to continue. He always looks so in charge and so held together but right now he was struggling to get his teenage niece some pads.

"Come on, let me help you. How old is your younger niece?" I asked when we were walking.

"About 6 months old now." He says as we make our way to look for the isle for sanitary towels for women.

"Oh my goodness then you should not be taking that mixture. She's too old for that she needs something right for her age."-We reach the children's food isle before the ladies' sanitary pads isle so I was able to look for some baby milk as we walked alongside each other- "I'm no professional though but I've been doing research, I like being prepared."

I present him with the right bottle as I take mine. I don't miss how intensely his eyes look over me and how much affection they hold. He was very quiet as he let me speak but I appreciated it. It's funny that I have a son who is almost two months but my need to always be ready for a challenge ahead makes me look like I know what I'm doing. The only indication that I'm new to it is the occasional need for a breakdown when I happen to lose control.

"Thank you." Greyson says softly when we were done getting him everything. I was still continuing with my shopping and he had to hurry out before his cousin finds out he ran an errand with both his kids and left them in the car.

"And Fiona." -He stops to speak- "You're an amazing mother. I hope Kevin sees that."

With that he made his leave, now here I was again, starstruck with a heart pounding from a simple compliment. He said he hoped Kevin saw that I was an amazing mother and those words were very much appreciated. There's nothing I need more than the reassurance I have been lacked. It's the person I lacked. I don't know what's happening but I need to stop bumping into this guy he's making me question myself a lot.

.....................................................................................

Hey little bookworms, hope you're liking the book so far!