Not Jealous

Hours after Fiona's arrival..

Kevin had received a message from his mother about how Fiona had been feeling too overwhelmed by her everyday routine before she got home so he decided to get some help so she can feel at ease. Finding help wasn't hard considering he had his secretary, Judy help him. Judy set him up with a friend of her friend's younger sister who needed a job currently.

Isabella Villanueva, a young journalist in the making but since she hadn't found a job, this would be her occupation in the mean time. Isabella's appearance was something he wasn't exactly happy about, not because it was bad but because she was very beautiful. He doesn't know much about actually having a girlfriend but he knows enough to know that not every girl likes another girl around their boyfriend. Especially one as undeniably beautiful as Isabella.

Besides, he isn't sure of how much Fiona trusts him after the kiss with Peppa. The kiss he still is trying to forget about but it's like a reminder in his mind. The scene that keeps replaying in his mind, trying to convince himself of how wrong it is, how wrong it was but lately he had been finding himself comfortable in Peppa's presence more than Fiona's.

Fiona is fiery and she makes him nervous. She makes him question himself, the way he is and he questions if he still has his way with women like before because this particular one doesn't seem to be easy to sway. She has her priorities straightened out, she knows what she wants but somehow she never tells him what she wants. She always leaves him to having to guess on his own and to him it's tiring and sometimes it gets too much to be playing a guessing game.

That's what he used to like about her. But unfortunately for him, he was lying to her and to himself. He does not love Fiona, he likes her. He likes seeing that less easy to talk to side of hers. That intimidating aura she holds up so people don't think she's easy to mess or manipulate just because she's beautiful. That facade that only strangers see when she's alone in the street or event. H

Speaking of events, it is only a matter of 3 weeks until a festive charity event of a friend of his is to be held. Unfortunately for him, the François boys are old friends of his which means, they are also Greyson Choi's friends meaning he has to suffer knowing he will be there and he will most certainly be eyeing Fiona.

Right now Kevin was on his way with his son in his arms to check on Fiona. With a slight knock first, he stepped inside their bedroom. Taking in the beautiful sight of the beach view from the closed sliding doors.

"Is everything okay?" He asks noticing she didn't notice that he had entered. She was consumed by her laptop.

"Hhm? Yeah." She responds.

He places the baby in the middle of the enormous bed so he doesn't fall when he moves around and then he walks over to her.

"What are you doing?" He asks coming from behind her. "Recruitment agencies?"

He asks reading the tab she had opened online. In his mind he expected anything but that but he knows Fiona, and she wouldn't waste any time in trying to find a job like she had planned after her pregnancy.

"Yep, I'm trying to apply for a job. I wanna work soon." She replies nonchalantly, her eyes move to face the boy on the bed and she smiles. He noticed how enchanted she always is with him, he loves it.

Although he is beyond shocked at the words. He hadn't thought of something different other than their usual life and routine. It is not because he thinks of her as a some sort of housewife.

"Mother told me you're feeling overwhelmed lately, but you're looking for work?" He dares to ask to see her reaction, and as expected, her fingers freeze from her task before they continue again.