Chapter 17: Out of Sight, Out of Mind [M]

Disclaimer:
This chapter contains an explicit sexual scene. Reader discretion is advised.
To skip it, you may stop reading at the boldfaced and italicized "And" and continue at the similar "For".

• • •

It's not that hard to find Dahyun so incredibly charming to the point of hopelessly falling in love.

And it's also not that hard for Sana to fall straight into the high of being in love with her.

She first realized this on the same night of Jeongyeon's birthday, as she lied awake in the comfort of Dahyun's arms. Day by day, as she talked to her girlfriend—as she merely thought about Dahyun, Sana could feel the space inside her chest becoming smaller and smaller to accommodate her rapidly growing feelings. By the time they're halfway through their first month as a couple, Sana was already drowning in the love that she's feeling for Dahyun.

Though weeks after that night, Dahyun had fallen incredibly busy with her midterm exams. As a result, the two weren't able to see each other again for a couple of days. Sana had initially planned to drop by at Dahyun's but changed her mind as she didn't want to interfere with her studies, knowing how important and crucial major exams were in law school. So instead, Sana tried to busy herself with her own work in order not to miss her girlfriend too much; while Dahyun, being the amazing girlfriend that she was, regularly kept up with her through texts and video calls.

But again, at this point Sana was so helplessly in love, thus she craved for more. Not a day passed by wherein she didn't long for Dahyun's warmth; to feel her soft touches and addicting kisses. And as dramatic as it sounded (dramatic was Sana's middle name, anyway), she's slowly forgetting Dahyun's scent, and it's slowly driving her mad.

That strong craving was what led her to then crash into Dahyun's empty apartment unannounced one night. Since Dahyun already gave her the passcode to her place and Sana assumed that she's staying up at her go-to study café to review, she took the opportunity to welcome herself in.

In an instant, Sana fell asleep as soon as her body hit the soft sheets and the familiar baby powder scent tickled her nostrils. She drifted into dreamland, hoping that she'll wake up with Dahyun already next to her.

And fortunately for Sana, her prayers were heard because the warmth, the gentle touch, and the addictive lips that she had been longing for this past week finally came home to her in the middle of her slumber.

Sana immediately heard the guilt in Dahyun's voice as she apologized for being unavailable lately, so she profusely reassured the younger one with comforting words and an assuring smile. However, her attempt didn't seem to be effective as Dahyun proposed something to make up for it instead.

"Miyeon has a girlfriend, right?" asked Dahyun out of nowhere. Sana, beyond confused, nodded her head nevertheless. "We just got a memo that there'll be no classes this Saturday. A wellness break for us, they said. Shocking, I know," she chuckled. "Anyway, I saw an ad for this really cool place outside of Seoul. I was thinking we could go on a trip this weekend. You, me, Miyeon, and her girlfriend. What do you say?"

See? Like, who would not fall in love with that? Whose heart would not be captured by Kim Dahyun's charm?

Needless to say, that trip was definitely one for Sana's books. Dahyun drove them to Gapyeong, a county an hour away from Seoul, and they collectively rented a small cabin on top of a hill that overlooked the vast nature around them. They visited the tourist spots in the area and stayed up talking and drinking makgeolli around a campfire they made right outside their cabin.