Chapter 7: Hazy Saturday Night

It was now the Saturday after her birthday but here Dahyun was, sticking her nose in her textbooks and printouts because just as she had expected, her professors bombarded them with new sets of case readings. Just for the weekend she had over 80 cases to review and five case analyses to make for next week. She had always liked reading but geez, for a bookworm like her even reading that much was mentally exhausting.

Dahyun looked up when she heard the doorbell ring, rubbing her sizzling eyes and stretching her limbs before walking to the intercom. Upon seeing Chaeyoung and Tzuyu outside her door, she frowned as she didn't expect them to come by.

"It's time to party!" Chaeyoung exclaimed while holding out a bottle of wine as soon as a confused Dahyun opened the door.

Monolid eyes glanced down and noticed that both women were already dressed fancily. Tzuyu was wearing a plain violet spaghetti strap dress with velvety texture and intricate fabric folds at the bottom. Dahyun awed at how it hugged the tall girl's body perfectly and emphasized her curvy wide hips, paired with matching purple heels. On the other hand, Chaeyoung was dressed in a similarly daring short red spaghetti strap dress with matching red sequins all over the cloth and white knee-high leather boots. With how her colorful tattoos adorned her skin, she almost resembled a sexy version of Strawberry Shortcake, minus the red hair.

"What are you guys doing here? And why are you dressed like that? We're just going clubbing." Dahyun asked, her hand still on the doorknob.

"We're here to pre-game. And in case you weren't informed, we're going to the new fancy club in Gangnam where we could potentially meet celebrities, so we dressed appropriately. Can we now come in or no?" Chaeyoung sassed which made Tzuyu snort. Dahyun sighed and let them enter.

"You're studying?" The Taiwanese woman asked as soon as the messy living room greeted them. Thick books were sloppily stacked on top of each other and sheets of papers were chaotically scattered across the floor. It looked like a tornado just ransacked the area.

"Dude, don't tell us you were gonna bail out on your own party for this." Chaeyoung dramatically gasped and placed a hand over her mouth.

"Chaeng, it's still 7 and we agreed to meet there at 9. I just started on some readings while waiting," Dahyun rolled her eyes with lighthearted shrug as she plopped down on the couch. "What's that?"

"Oh, this is Chaeyoung and I's gift for you," Tzuyu handed her the gold paper bag that she had been holding, grinning from ear to ear. "Happy birthday again, Dubs. You should wear that tonight, you'll look amazing in it."

Curious, the raven-haired Korean brought out a black dress. She held it up and her brows shot up while a small gasp escaped her mouth.

"This looks so expensive—Michael Kors? I am not wearing this tonight! It'll get ruined." She exclaimed as she continued to examine the dress.

Chaeyoung came out of the kitchen with three glasses in hand. She then settled next to the coffee table and handed the other two a glass of wine each.

"Tzuyu and I didn't spend our life savings for that amazing dress just for you not to wear it," Chaeyoung joked as she sipped her drink and continued to whine, "You haven't even tried it on. I just know you'll look smoking hot in that so you absolutely have to use it tonight. We're not leaving this place unless you're wearing it."

After a few more convincing from her friends, Dahyun finally decided to try it on. She stared at herself in the mirror, quite impressed at how good she actually looked. It was a little too revealing for her taste but she indeed was smoking hot (Chaeyoung's term, not hers). The dress was a one-strap clothing that fell just above her ankle, but it had an opening in middle and a large slit on the bottom left that showed off her toned abdomen and milky leg, respectively. Its color perfectly complimented her pale skin and popped her figure beautifully. It was times like this that she was thankful for taking pilates classes regularly. She turned her body around a couple more times before returning to the living room where Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were casually chatting.