Chapter 9: Restraints and Returns

"That's your friend from the club, right? She's intimidating."

The corners of Dahyun's lips rose when her eyes landed on the familiar chocolate-colored hair by the entrance of their university.

In compliance of last night's agreement, Sana informed Dahyun that she'll be visiting her campus today so that they can commute to Han River together. Dahyun thought that they'll be going in a few days and didn't expect it to be today. Luckily though, her last class for the day ended at a perfect timing.

"Yep, that's her. And she's far from intimidating," Dahyun snorted and sped up her pace, not hearing the quiet mumble of disagreement behind her. "Unnie!"

Sana immediately looked up at the sound of her voice and met Dahyun's gaze with a bright grin, but her smile dropped a little when her eyes darted behind Dahyun.

"Hey. How were classes?" Because of the days' worth lack of physical contact (minus last night's), Dahyun was briefly taken off guard when Sana almost threw herself at her. Warmth spread through her body when she smelled her usual perfume. Chuckling, her arms wrapped themselves around Sana's body.

"Stressful as always, but what's new. Anyway, do you remember Bomin from the club?" Dahyun beckoned to the dark-haired guy beside her after they pulled away.

There was something different about the smile that Sana was wearing right now as she eyed Bomin from head to toe. It looked too tight-lipped and forced, but not impolite. Although Dahyun's starting to see where Bomin's earlier comment came from, especially when Sana then put on a strict and professional tone that's very new and foreign to Dahyun-a notable contrast to her usual friendly and welcoming tone.

"Ah yes, I remember. I apologize if we met at an undesirable circumstance the other night, Bomin-ssi, but I'm Doctor Minatozaki Sana, Dahyun's friend." Sana held her hand out and shook Bomin's firmly.

"Choi Bomin, pleasure to meet you properly."

When Bomin flashed Sana a charming smile, the dentist's eyes narrowed for a second and Dahyun's breath hitch a little because what the hell, that was strangely attractive.

She mentally slapped herself and turned to the side. "Thanks for walking me. We'll get going now."

"No problem. I'll see you around. Take care, Dahyun. You too, Sana-ssi." Bomin bowed to both women before turning back to where they came from.

Dahyun's attention was now fully on Sana who was blatantly throwing daggers at the retreating guy's back, a small frown plastered on her face. She had to take a good three seconds to try to decipher the sudden change in Sana's behavior but she wasn't able to.

"You okay?" Dahyun bumped her shoulder, causing Sana to shift her gaze to her.

"Why is he here?"

Dahyun tilted her head in confusion but shrugged nonetheless. "He's actually an instructor here, at the college of performing arts."

Silence suddenly enveloped the pair as they started walking out of the campus, until Sana let out an unimpressed chuckle.

"I don't like him. His overconfidence makes him look arrogant."

"He's alright, pretty nice. But I do agree that he can be too confident," Dahyun scrunched her nose facing Sana as they stopped under the bus stop shed. "What about you? Why'd you insist to meet me at campus? Don't you have work today?"

Monolidded eyes subtly swept across Sana's body. She's wearing the most casual clothes Dahyun's ever seen her wear recently: an oversized white shirt with minimal yet colorful graphics and a pair of baggy denim jeans. The outfit made Sana appear abnormally smaller than usual even though she was taller than Dahyun.