Cat and Mouse: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Alright! We can introduce our members over some lunch before the match." Wonyoung suggests, pointing the group towards the cafeteria.

"You girls can go ahead actually. I want to meet up with Chaeyeon-unnie first." Chaeryeong says with a bow before speeding off, not giving anyone a chance to respond.

"Always on the move..." Yuna quips..

"You know what they say, 'Chae's of the same feather, flock together'." Yujin adds on which causes the rest of the group to laugh as they walk towards their destination.

~~~~

"Hey there, unnie!!!" Chaeryeong says as she barges into her sister's dorm room. The younger girl quickly realizes though that Chaeyeon was not in the best mood.

"Yah, learn how to knock, will you?" The older girl mutters as she gets up from her bed.

"What's with the long face?" The little sister asks. Chaeyeon was about to respond saying that it wasn't her business, but Chaeryeong swiftly cut her off.

"Ah, who am I kidding? It's something about Sakura-unnie, isn't it?" She assumes, much to the surprise of Chaeyeon.

"Is it that obvious?" The older sister replies, believing that denying it will only make Chaeryeong press her more.

"Yes, every time I visit, I wouldn't say you've looked more unhappy, but your mood has definitely been more down than usual."

"She's hiding something, Ryeong. I want to talk to her about it, but she keeps shutting me out." This was the first time Chaeyeon's frustrations were finally said out loud, and while it felt like a burden lifted off her shoulders, she couldn't help but feel guilty for those thoughts. Chaeyeon wasn't usually a high-maintenance person. She liked to go with the flow and vibe out, but the past couple months have been testing her. There have been less dates, less alone time, and during their mission in Hunter Geun's base, it was Sakura's lack of focus that got them caught. The two didn't mention it to the others, but the reason they were ambushed was because the tech-girl had said she checked all the cameras for traps when she didn't. She was too busy looking through the files to realize the nullifying gas that had seeped through the ceiling and made them powerless.

"Well, the way I see it, you have two options: wait it out, or find out for yourself." At the last words, Chaeryeong points at Sakura's PC which was currently turned off.

"I-I can't, Ryeong. If she finds out I went through her computer, I don't know what'll happen." Chaeyeon replies quietly.

"There's your answer then. Sakura will come around. You should know the best out of all of us that she usually takes a while." The younger girl says. "Now, come on, we're having lunch with the others."

Chaeyeon takes one more glance back at Sakura's PC before speeding off after her sister.

~~~~

1 hour later...

After having a nice meal and everyone introducing themselves to each other, ITZY and IVE were now standing face to face in one of PD Campus' combat simulation rooms. Since Yujin's team had six members though, Chaeyeon elected to join Chaeryeong's team for today's match.

"Remember your training, okay Yuj?" Chaeyeon says to the puppy teasingly.

"Yah, unnie, you know what we're capable of. Don't make me remind you of how Wonyoung beat you in a 1v1 last week." Yujin responds, causing the older girl to laugh in reply, acknowledging that fact.

"Is everyone ready?" Sakura asks from the control room. Yeji and Yujin both give a thumbs up, and with the quick press of a button, the plain white room begins to shift until they find themselves on a rocky mountaintop.