Halloween

Natalie comes into the room, she looks exhausted but Evan quickly  asks "how's Sky?" This gets the attention of Kelly, Casey, Nate and Carla.

Natalie sighs saying "The surgery went better than expected, she's expected to make a full recovery. She's gonna have to be on meds to help with her lung not being rejected for the rest of her life but other than that and a puffer for doing physical activity she's gonna be just fine. You have a fighter on your hands." Natalie smiles at the couple.

"Oh thank god!" Evan says as tears escape his eyes.

"Can we see her?" Kelly asks, his voice shaking.

"Of course once Will discharges you you all can go see her. I'll go get will so he can discharge you, Kelly." Natalie explains and everyone nods.

Evan squeezes Kelly's hand as natalie  leaves.

"Shes gonna be fine." Kelly and evan say in unison.

Will comes in and discharges kelly, then Natalie  shows the couple plus casey, Nate and Carla to Skys room.

Evan and kelly sit on either side of their daughter as casey stands by Evan and Nate stands by kelly. Carla stands at the foot of the little girls bed.

Sky starts to stir awake and she yells "daddy, Papa!" She was having a nightmare.

"Princess we are right here, along with uncle Matt, Carla and Nate." Evan says soothingly to his daughter.

"Hey baby girl, you scared us." Kelly says with tears threatening  to fall.

"What happened? I remember going to the bathroom at school, then the fire alarm blared, I thought it was a drill so I took my time anyways, but when I went to go back to my class there was smoke everywhere." Sky explained.

"There was a fire in the chem lab, and me and your papa was on scene we were looking for all of you, but papa is the one to find you." Evan tells his daughter.

"I was to slow getting to you and you got a lot of smoke in your lungs so they needed to do surgery  when you got here to replace your lung." Kelly says letting the tears fall.

Evan looks at his husband as he says "dont, you weren't to slow. You did everything  you could to save sky."

Sky pipes up saying "I know you wouldn't do anything to put me or any of us in harm's way, Papa, thank you for saving me!" Sky says, reaches her arms out for a hug that Kelly gratefully  gives her.

————-
It's been a week since the fire and sky's still in the hospital Kelly and Evan along with everyone at  51 has been taking turns to go see the little  girl.
Kelly's still struggling with the guilt of having failed Sky. Evan keeps telling him it wasn't his fault and he did his best but it doesn't help Kelly unfortunately.

It's Halloween and Kelly and Evan are getting the kids ready for trick or treating. They agreed to take Nate, James and Avery out and then theyd have a party with all the 51 kids at the house once sky was better.

Nate is being a pirate and James is a ninja and Avery is a lady bug. Sky was suppose to be Cinderella but they kept the coustume so she can play with it when she gets home.

"Evan where's Nate's pirate hat?" Kelly yells through the house.
"On his closet shelf." Evan yells back to his husband.

Just as Matt, Sylvie, Eddie, Stella and Chris knock on the door. They were going trick or treating with the Buckley-Severides as Casey and Brett had Amelia Sylvies  little sister for the weekend.

"Hey, you guys! Come on in." Evan greets brightly.

"Hey, there's my princess." Casey says taking Avery out her fathers arms, which she's okay with cause her uncle Matt got her. Casey's peppering kisses over Avery when Evan says to Brett. "I'm pretty sure he just stole my daughter." As he pouts. Everyone laughs as Brett says "yea I'm pretty sure he did. Then Evan sees the nervous little girl hiding behind sylvies legs.
"And whose this princess?" Evan asks kneeling down to Amelia's height.