The BBQ

They are almost finished getting ready for the BBQ when Evan asks, "Do you want to tell everyone we’re engaged tonight?" 

"Absolutely, I don't want to hide the fact that you're mine and I'm yours." Kelly explains. 

“I agree.”  Evan replies before adding, “We still haven't decided where we’re going to settle down, whether it's here in L.A or in Chicago.”

Kelly nods as he puts his wallet and phone in his back pocket. "I haven't told you this yet, but both Boden and Grissom have agreed to let me keep my spot on Squad 3 for a year. That gives us enough time to decide where we want to call our forever home, and in the meantime, I can work here in L.A." He explains.

"Okay, are you sure you want to give up Squad for even just a year?" Evan asks, hesitantly. 

"I'm sure." The older of the two replies before kissing Evan tenderly and deeply.  

Kelly and Evan leave the apartment and head to Bobby and Athena’s. On the drive over, Kelly catches Evan up on the 51’s drama, their antics, and their most trying calls. With Kelly insisting on getting Athena her favorite bottle of wine, it takes them a few extra minutes, but they arrive about a half an hour after leaving the apartment.

They knock on the door, and Athena answers with a smile. "Buck! Come in, and this must be the famous Kelly." Athena greets, letting them into the house. 

"Yes, Athena, this is Lieutenant Kelly Severide, my fiancé!" Buck tells the woman who's been like a mother to him. 

"Nice to meet you, Athena. I've heard a lot about you." Kelly greets.

"Nice to meet you as well, and wow! That was fast. Are you happy, Buck?" Athena asks.

“Yes, Athena. I'm very happy as I've been waiting 3 and a half years for this. I'm more than happy.” Buck tells the older woman.

“Well, then congratulations.” Athena says hugging Buck then Kelly.

“Why are we congratulating Buck?” Chim asks as himself, Maddie, Eddie, Hen, Karen and Bobby step into the room.

“Buck here is getting Married.” Athena answers, causing Chim and Eddie to almost choke on their beers.

“Congratulations, baby brother! I know how long you've waited for this.” Maddie cheers, hugging her brother, and then she turns to Kelly and says, “Welcome to the family! I'm glad I finally got to meet the man who stole my brother's heart. I've heard a lot about you, and I'm so glad you're back for good.” Maddie, her excitement unmeasurable, pulls Kelly into a hug.

“Thanks, me too. I've wanted to meet you for a long time. I'm glad we finally got the chance.” Kelly says hugging Maddie back.

“Wait… You knew about him and didn't tell me?” Chim asks, shocked.