Day Off

After dinner and love making, Evan, his hand shaking, texts Maddie to come over, in which she responds back that she'll be there in a half an hour

"You okay?" Kelly asks, noticing the man he loves more than life just staring off blankly out the window.

"Mhmm... yea, I'm okay. I'm gonna miss Maddie, but this is the right call." Evan tells Kelly, crossing the space between them and wrapping his arms around the shorter man. "I love you, you know? And I want us to be home in Chicago. Yes, I'm gonna miss the people here, but we can visit and so can they. I still want them all to come to our wedding if they want to." Evan says before kissing Kelly's lips, tenderly.

When the kiss is broken, Kelly breaths against Evan's lips, "I know, I love you too, baby. And yes, we can visit. I'm sure they all will want to come to our wedding. Speaking of our wedding, do you want to start planning it?" The smile on his face is blinding.

"Yes, I do," Evan sheepishly answers. "I know it's right around the corner, but I was thinking June 18th. It's a Saturday and I did the math too." His cheeks are red as if he's embarrassed of his eagerness. "We would be off shift. So, I was also thinking we could have the ceremony at a park, then have the reception at Molly's?" Evan asks, hopeful that his fiancé will like his ideas.

"I love that idea, and I'm happy that you've already put so much thought into our wedding. I think it's a plan. Sure, it's a month away, but we got this. We can get everything planned and ready for that time." Kelly says happily.

"I'm glad you like my ideas. I'm sure we can get everything ready. Who's going to be your best man?" Evan asks, though he is sure he can guess.

"Casey." Kelly simply declares. Evan nods as Kelly asks, "what about you?"

"Eddie, if he's willing... If not, then probably Mills." Evan says, making Kelly nod.

Mills, unable to stay away, came back to 51 a year ago, which Kelly told Evan this one night while they were talking about 51. Evan and Mills were always good friends, teasing and pranking each other. Right now, Mills is waiting for a spot on the squad, hounding to get back, but for now, he's on truck 81.

"I'm sure Eddie will want to be your best man." Kelly says reassuringly, running lightly his thumb over Evan's jawline, as they are still in an embrace. It's so easy with them, feeling so natural. They can just stay in each other's arms forever.

Evan leads them to the sofa after a moment and says "I hope you're right. Are you going to have any groomsmen?" He asks, not wanting to linger on Eddie's possible rejection.

"Yea, Cruz, Tony, and Capp. What about you?" Kelly shots back.

"Mills, if Eddie will be my best man, Chim and Otis." Evan tells the other man.

"Sounds good to me." Kelly says kissing evan. The kiss starts to heat up just as there's a knock on the door.

Both men groan, and Kelly grumbles, "your sister has impeccable timing."