First Shift At The 118

It’s the morning before their next shift following the BBQ, and Kelly is a bit nervous

It’s the morning before their next shift following the BBQ, and Kelly is a bit nervous. He has always worked at 51, and now, he's starting over at a brand-new house after all these years. He knows it'll be fine though, as he has Evan by his side, looking out for him. He can do anything with Evan next to him.

While Kelly's getting ready and Evan's in the shower, he gets a call from Casey. 

Kelly: Hey man what's up? 

Casey: Just checking in. Wanted to wish you good luck on your first shift in L.A. So… did you end up asking Evan to marry you? 

Kelly chuckles because he had told his best friend that he was going to ask Evan to marry him. Him bursting at the seams, he couldn't go any longer without asking. 

Kelly: Yes, I did, and he said yes!

While Casey can't see the large goofy smile on Kelly’s face, he can hear it in his best friend's voice. 

Casey: Good for you guys. I'm happy for you both.  So… you staying in L.A. for good? 

Kelly: I… I don't know. We have to figure that out. 

Kelly, his chest tight, sighs woefully at the thought of giving up the squad for good, but he would do anything for Evan, and he means anything. So, the ball is Evan’s court.

Casey: Okay. Just know that we would all be happy to see you two back here.

Lifting up his arm, Kelly glances at his watch. 

Kelly: Thanks Case. I gotta go though, but I'll talk to you later.

Casey: Okay. Chat soon. 

After saying their goodbyes, they hang up, which coincidently matches up with Evan's arrival to the kitchen. 

"Hey, babe, who were you talking to?" Evan asks before he kisses Kelly sweetly on the lips.

"Casey.” Kelly answers, not letting Buck step away. “He just wanted to check in before my first shift at the 118."

"That's good. So…how are you feeling about your first shift here?" Evan asks, cautiously, as he studies his fiancée’s face.