The fire

It's been four months since the weeding it's currently October 25th, the kids are extremely excited for halloween as they didn't get to go trick or treating last year as they were in between foster homes, which breaks Kelly's and Evans hearts.

They are all getting ready for school and work, Carla's at the house with Chris, Eddie had to go to an appointment with Stella before work, Stella's currently teaching at the academy since she's 20 weeks pregnant and Sylvie is still on ambo but she's 18 weeks pregnant.

Kelly and Evan get the kids ready for school and get them breakfast then head out after they say their goodbyes.

Evan and Kelly arrive at the firehouse with ten minutes to spare, so they go and get dressed in their uniforms, then head to the common room just as Brett and Casey and Eddie and Stella arrive.

"What's up?" Kelly asks knowing that both sets of couples had appointments today.

"You go first Kidd and Diaz as I know you have to get to the academy Kidd." Casey says and Brett nods

"Thanks Captain. We had our 20 week appointment this morning, we told Chris first as we FaceTimed him, but we are having... Eddie, you wanna do the honours?" Stella says and asks

Herman pipes up and says "out with it all ready." Everyone chuckles at this, even Stella and Eddie, then Eddie says "we are having twin girls." There's whoops and congratulations heard through the whole common room.

Then Brett pipes up and says "your having twins?" Stella nods as her best friend hugs her, then Brett says to the crowd "so are we a boy and girl."

There's more whoops and congratulations heard throughout the whole house.

"I'm happy for you man, you deserve this." Kelly says as he gives Casey a bro hug and a clap on the back.

Evan goes to Eddie and says "I'm so happy for you guys! How's Chris with the idea of two little sister's?" Evan asks, thinking of the boy who made him want to be a dad.

"He's so excited, he's thrilled." Stella answers and Eddie just beams at her.

"That's good I'm happy for the three of you!" Evan says giving Eddie and Stella each a hug.

"Thanks man, I appreciate that." Eddie says
"Yea thanks Evan." Stella says still beaming with happiness.

Just then the bells go of for a person in distress so Brett and violet both run out to the apparatus floor to the ambo.

——
The rest of the morning goes slow just calls for ambo, they run drills and do paperwork most of the morning.

Then around noon a call comes in that no parent ever wants to hear...

ALL UNITS FULLY ENGULFED STRUCTURE FIRE AT CHICAGO  NORTH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

That's when Evans and Kelly's hearts fall into their stomachs.

"Kel..." Evan starts to say but Kelly nods and says "I know babe."

"What's wrong?" Casey asks

"That's the school Nate, Sky and James go to." Kelly says.
Eddie pipes up saying "Chris goes there too."

"Shit. Okay everyone listen up this school we are going to have four of our own. Chris,  Nate, Sky and James go to this school. " Casey says as everyone rushes to their rigs.

"They will be okay." Kelly tries to reassure his husband who's looking like a ghost, but Kelly is terrified, for the first time in a long time.

All the crews jump into the trucks with squad 3 and 9 and boden in the lead.