☆"Frenemies?"

𝙽𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜/𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜.
(𝙳𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚜.)
~~☆~~
'Commander Madeleine,
Upon the forcefulness of my sister, I must apologise for acting out in such a way. It was irrational of me. I am willing to give you one more chance.

Meet at the café at 10:30 a.m sharp.
Until tomorrow,
~Prof. E.C.'
Madeleine re-read the note over and over again, a sappy grin slowly making its way onto his face. It was short but sweet, and he adored it. He giggled quietly, standing from against the door to rush into his room, gripping a pillow from his bed to yell into it.
(..What? He's excited!)

The knight continued to spend the next hour and a half planning what he would wear, what he would say. (..Is that normal for someone going on an outing with their rival??)
He didn't care if it wasn't 'normal', he was simply excited. The prestigious, somewhat stuck-up professor asked him to breakfast?? Sure, it was brought on by Latte, but Madeleine would still pretend that Espresso made the decision on his own. After finally picking out his outfit, the knight laid it upon his bed to ensure the fabric wouldn't wrinkle overnight. Careful to avoid it whilst getting comfortable under his blankets, Madeleine fell asleep with a grin, ready to fall into sweet dreams of a future to come with someone special.

✽.。.:*・゚  ~~   ✽.。.:*・゚ ~~    ✽.。.:*・゚

Espresso was fucked.
He seriously asked that no-good knight on what seemed like a date?! He feels like such an idiot. The professor has done everything in his power to keep him away, and look at what his own stupidity has done...
The professor groaned, glancing up at the clock. 10.
30 minutes, until he had to meet up with that damned knight and talk to him. Eugh. He has so many regrets running through his mind that he's sure he won't even be able to talk to Madeleine clearly.
Espresso sighed, opening his closet and scanning through the outfits he had hung up.

He plucked a coat off of a hanger, tossing it onto the bench in the corner. Espresso grasped a vest, alongside his typical curtain pants. Finally, the button up shirt. The professor hummed, smirking as he began to change. The vest he wore was simple, dark brown plaid with buttons along the middle. He pulled a belt around his black pants, humming in satisfaction once his look was finished.
'..Perfect.'

Brushing through his hair, Espresso stared at the dark scar across his eye. He frowned, quickly brushing his fringe to cover it. Not a single person in this kingdom can know what he hides beneath that long lock of hair, they may see him differently. The past is the past, she cannot corrupt him ever again.
Yet still, the gleam of a singular ruby red eye would forever go to haunt him. The loss of someone he cared for was rough, yet that was the price he had to pay to escape.

..Whatever.
Espresso stopped those thoughts, focusing on fixing the small bit of eyeliner he always applied when in public. It helped people see less of his dark, baggy eyes, especially from afar. Perhaps he should sleep more often.
The professor checked his watch, gasping audibly at the time.
"Son of a-! I'm late!"
.......

..Madeleine sat silently at a table, far in the corner. For someone who is so uptight about being on time, Espresso seems to have as much of a problem with being late as the knight himself does. He taps a finger against the table, eyes nervously glancing out of the window. Madeleine sees his reflection, worrying that the small specks of white makeup had been too much for a mere meetup.
After 10 minutes of waiting, he's about ready to leave, just before Espresso himself slams open the café doors, running at full speed towards where Madeleine is sitting. He falls against the cushioned seat, shoving his face into his hands as he attempts to catch his breath. (..It was probably a bad idea to run all the way here...)