♧♡"Insecurity"

part of the incubus au. also dont be goin around callin people human washed it isnt a real term lmao

uhh idk tw for insecurities/mentions of self-hatred :,)
~~♡~~

..A radiant setting sun illuminated the residence where two lovers lived peacefully. The curtains lightly blew in the air from the A.C, flowing softly.
Espresso turned over in the shared bed, trying to find some sort of comfortable posistion that wasn't laying on the horns that sprouted from his hair.

..He had run out of magic almost completely, and now, was stuck in this annoying form.
The mage never realized what the other saw in him..
The knight always showed such adoration towards him, showering him in continuous love through the form of softly uttered words of affirmation, expensive gifts, or other things that he didn't really wanna list..

The mage sighed, turning to stare up at the ceiling. It was finally a Friday, and once the other got off of his job, he would have someone to talk to after all these hours.
Some days, he felt as though his dear had been out and about with a woman.
..Making some girl happy, while he was clueless, laying in their comfortable bed and awaiting the other's arrival.

He had asked Madeleine so many times, and he denied it. Yet, it still felt as though it was the cold truth that he had been going in secret with someone better.
..Someone who was forever in a humanoid form, a humanoid body.
...A woman who didn't have weird looking horns, or horrifyingly sharp, pointed teeth-

Espresso accidentally allowed a tear to slip. He convinced the other successfully that he didn't mind going like this, that he agreed that the form was beautiful.
And he would never know it was a lie.

..The mage sobbed, stuffing his face into a pillow to muffle his cries.
Nobody in this kingdom would understand how difficult it was to know he was immortal, unable to die of age, whilst his darling, the first man he was willing to break the rules of hell for, would pass on one day.
..And Espresso would be forced to move on.

Divines, if that wicked man of the underworld found out he broke the biggest rule of an incubus, his head would be on a stake.
The mage's heart dropped at the sound of their front door being unlocked, and the loud voice of the other yelling out 'I'm home!'
'Shit, shit, shit-!'
Espresso hurried to stand up, accidentally hitting his knee on the nightstand and holding back a pained yelp, then hurrying to grab some tissues.

He rushed to wipe his face, hoping he wasn't at all red and puffy-eyed from all of the crying.
Madeleine slowly opened the door, smiling as he walked closer.

"Hello, love! Did everything go well..?"
He questioned, holding the mage by the waist. He only nodded, in fear of a sob coming out instead of words.
But, the other could read him way too easily.

"..Es? Are you okay..?"
The knight whispered, holding the smaller's face gently in one hand. He broke, immediately having tears streaming down his freckled face.

"Wha-?! U-uh- Essy-?"

..Espresso didn't respond, only burying his face into the commander's neck as he cried. The other gently patted his back, running a hand through his hair whilst he quietly whispered comforting words.

"I-I just..I'm so fucking ugly..!"
Was all he could cry out. Madeleine immediately understood, moving the mage's face from the crook of his neck.

"Hey, hey.. It's okay. You're not ugly, far from it, love.."
..Now, he knew exactly what this was about. Considering his dear mage had been stuck like this for hours, it was guaranteed he would begin to feel like this.
He embraced the smaller man tightly, leaving soft kisses to his forehead as much as possible.