♡♤"Valentines Surprise"

late valentines special ;D
VERY romantic and stuff so uhh yeah
(also its my grandpas birthday so say happy bday even if its just a whisper to yourself😠)

enjoy.

~~♡~~
Valentines day.
One of the most lonely days in the entirety of the year.
But, maybe he was just lucky enough to not have to call himself a loner, unlike many others in this kingdom.

..Although, Espresso was never one for the blinding pinks and reds that adorned the streets.
Yet, he still pushed through just how much it made him want to rip out his eyes or go blind, just so he could see his boyfriend smiling while he handed him batches of roses and tasteful chocolates in heart-shaped boxes.

And maybe, being pampered like some sort of prince in the morning could become a regular thing, maybe even a holiday tradition.
..He wouldn't complain, either way.

..But, the one thing he would complain about??
Staring up at the half-empty shelf of chocolates in the market, the only one being dark chocolate, which he knew his lover heavily disliked.
All of the others had..Way too many candies in them, and he really didn't wish to deal with Madeleine on a sugar-high..

The mage grumbled, walking out of the isle angrily. He set down the false roses onto the counter, alongside a somewhat-blank card. (..He hated the weird, cheesy ones, okay..??)
The moment the cashier handed him the bag, Espresso sped out, not even bothering to give a goodbye.

He strode through the crowded marketplace, trying to rush home to begin his planned dinner.
..But, he didn't even realize that his legs stopped him in front of a building, decorated with red and pink balloons, a large sign reading "Valentines Sale!!" in big letters.
Espresso paused, looking into the window. He noticed a beautiful set inside, wanting to purchase it, yet maybe too embarrassed.

"Fuck it."

. . . .

"My, if it isn't Professor Espresso!"
The lady at the register sang, smiling. The mage froze in place, turning beet red.

"E-erm..Y-yes-?"
..He may have died a bit inside after he stuttered, standing there awkwardly.

"Here to buy something to.. 'Woo' a certain knight, hm?"
She asked, tilting her head.
"Um..N-no-! I am here for..L-Latte, yes! She..Is ill!"

(..Yet, she could tell he was lying, he was never a good liar...)

. . .
..The mage set the clothing items onto the register counter, still quite red whilst the cashier scanned everything.

"..Before you go."
"..Remember, professor; Showing someone you love them in such a way is never embarrassing!"
She cheered, giving him the bag. Espresso nodded awkwardly, speeding out of the store, and praying that nobody would recognize the bag.

~~♡~~

"Ugh..I shouldn't have purchased the full damned box.."
Espresso grumbled, pulling the items from the box. He ended up calling Affogato over, knowing he was best for this kind of thing.

"Hmm..Why, exactly? All of this seems perfect to surprise that knight with.."
Affogato purred, smiling. The mage stayed silent, still staring into what was left in the box.

"I just..W-we don't really need anymore of..T-this-.."
He quietly muttered, pulling out a bottle of lubricant. The ganshin chuckled, covering the lower half of his face with a hand.

"You never know, Es! Plus, the colour pallet is quite nice either way.."
"Never. Say that a bottle of lube has a pretty colour pallet again."