Chapter 10 - Emerald Cut

Comincia dall'inizio

He shot an incredulous glare her way as he used a claw to tamper with his wiring further. "Has your sight left you, girl? Or have your optics stopped?"

"Stupid question." She stepped closer daringly. "Do you want some help?"

"Your primitive earthly technology would be less than useless." Megatron insulted with a leer.

Lauren crossed her arms over her chest in defiance. "And who's the one who fixed you with their 'primitive earthly technology'?" The brunette mocked, she cocked her hip out. "Give me a lift and let me see." She gestured with her hand loosely.

He scoffed as he swept her feet out from under her, jerking her small form upward haphazardly. 

Huffing, she climbed back to a standing position in the bot's palm to better assess the problem.

Wires were a muck; tangled, some severed, others stripped entirely. Her brows knit together in incertitude. "What exactly are you trying to do?"

His optics flashed to her. "My hailing frequency, communications, whatever your kind want to call it."

She hummed in acknowledgment. "Can you lift me higher?"

He did so without offering a reply.

Carefully, she studied the wiring. She had worked on his head area previously, but it was a quick fix, not made to last. "Let me know if I'm hurting you." Do they even feel pain? She found herself asking, and the simple answer, she thought, was 'yes'. 

His grunt made her bones vibrate. "You will know."

"That's reassuring." The tune of the radio droned on softly in the background like white noise as she gently searched for the problem at hand. She hummed softly to herself, not able to make out what was playing from her vantage point.

Megatron shifted his palm closer to his helm and she nearly stumbled, catching herself on one of his claws. She retorted, but he paid it no mind.

Her hands moved intricately and with purpose, but not in the way he'd seen her work upon junkyard scrap. "Why do you move your phalanges in such a manner, insect?"

Lauren paused what she was doing and withdrew her hands, having found where the problem lie. "What do you mean?"

"Don't play stupid, girl. I am smarter than whatever mind game you're playing at." He half growled.

She raised a brow. "No. I really don't know what you're getting at Megatron."

Another grunt of disapproval. "Your phalanges move in tandem, surely that is no coincidence, human. It is a learned skill."

Lauren almost felt like she was being accused of something with how his tone hit her. She thought for a moment, lost on how to respond. "Uh, I use to play the piano?" Her explanation was more a question than anything else. What was he getting at? The realization that he could possibly be mad at her for being gentle made her want to roll her eyes and pull at her hair. His optics bore into her as if ordering her to continue. "It's an instrument. Y'know, a music thing? You wouldn't get it." She waved her had in dismissal.

"Do not underestimate me, pest." His claws forced her further to the middle of his palm, as if caging her in. A piano? He'd never heard of such a thing.

A forced exhale left her as she fished her phone out of her pocket, seemingly ignoring her aggressor.

"What do you think you're-"

She cut him off, not looking up to grace him with her gaze. "Patience, Lord. Give me a sec." Lauren swiped through her gallery in search, traversing many years of time to find what she was looking for.