Twelve

They stepped off the stone staircase at the top, and Professor McGonagall rapped on the door. It opened silently and they entered. Professor McGonagall told them to wait and left them there, alone. Athena looked around. One thing was certain: of all the teachers' offices Athena had visited so far this year, Dumbledore's was by far the most interesting.

As Athena was looking around, she saw Harry walk towards the Sorting Hat and try it on again. She heard him mutter something but couldn't make out what. She turned to the other side. Standing on a golden perch behind the door was a Phoenix. Athena stared at the bird in awe. She had never seen a Phoenix before. The Phoenix looked balefully back, making its gagging noise again. A couple more feathers fell out of its tail. Then, the bird burst into flames. Athena heard Harry scream in shock. 

The office door opened. Dumbledore came in, looking very somber. 

"Professor," Harry gasped. "Your bird — I couldn't do anything — he just caught fire —" 

"About time, too," he said. "He's been looking dreadful for days; I've been telling him to get a move on." He chuckled at the stunned look on Harry's face. 

"Fawkes is a phoenix, Harry. Phoenixes burst into flame when it is time for them to die and are reborn from the ashes. Watch him ..."

Athena looked down in time to see a tiny, wrinkled, newborn bird poke its head out of the ashes. It was quite as ugly as the old one. 

"It's a shame you had to see him on a Burning Day," said Dumbledore, seating himself behind his desk."He's really very handsome most of the time, wonderful red and gold plumage. Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers, and they make highly faithful pets." 

Athena watched as Dumbledore settled himself in the high chair behind the desk and fixed them with his penetrating, light-blue stare.Before Dumbledore could speak another word,however, the door of the office flew open with an almighty bang and Hagrid burst in, a wild look in his eyes, his balaclava perched on top of his shaggy black head and the dead rooster still swinging from his hand.

"It wasn't em, Professor Dumbledore!" said Hagrid urgently. "I was talkin' ter em seconds before that kid was found, they never had time, sir —" 

Dumbledore tried to say something, but Hagrid went ranting on, waving the rooster around in his agitation, sending feathers everywhere. 

"— it can't've bin em, I'll swear it in front o' the Ministry o' Magic if I have to —" 

"Hagrid, I —" 

"— yeh've got the wrong children, sir, I know they never—" 

"Hagrid!" said Dumbledore loudly. "I do not think that they attacked those people."

"Oh," said Hagrid, the rooster falling limply at his side. 

"Right. I'll wait outside then, Headmaster." And he stomped out looking embarrassed. 

"You don't think it was us, Professor?" Athena repeated hopefully as Dumbledore brushed rooster feathers off his desk. 

"No, Athena, I don't," said Dumbledore, though his face was somber again. "But I still want to talk to you, Harry." Athena glanced nervously at Harry while Dumbledore considered him, the tips of his long fingers together. 

"I must ask you, Harry, whether there is anything you'd like to tell me," he said gently. "Anything at all."

"No," said Harry after a while. "There isn't anything, Professor. ..."

Athena knew he was hiding a lot of things. The Pollyjuice potion, the voice, him being able to speak parseltongue, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------

At last the end of term came and Athena bid good bye to her friends and got on the Hogwarts Express. She got a compartment all to herself. She was happy to meet her mother again. It had been long. More over, she was excited to meet Remus. He will be able to come over for Christmas this year also, she just checked the lunar calender a few day back. 

Athena was also tensed. Her powers were in control at Hogwarts cause Dumbledore had put a spell so her power won't show and she won't be able to show. It was only Snape's office that was spell-free. But now that she was out of Hogwarts, she didn't know what will happen.

She spent the rest of the journey asleep.

Once the train pulled over, Athena stepped out and looked around platform 9 and the quaters. Near a piller she saw a red head waving her hand calling her name.

"Athena!!"

Athena rushed towards her and hugged her tightly. She had missed her so much.

"How are you?" Anna asked.

"Couldn't be better."

"The attacks, they have increased." Anna said worridly.

"Yes, the entire school thinks its me and Harry." Athena said aggitated.

"Harry?" said Anna.

"Yeah, he is a parselmouth."

"A what?!"

"P-A-R-S-E-L-M-O-U-T-H, parselmouth."

"Okay, I got that." Anna said, "Lets go home."

With that, the two apparated to their house in Godrics Hollow.

"Get some rest today okay?" Anna said. "We need to go to decorate the house tomorrow."

"Okay ..."