Three

With one thing and the other, Athena was happy to reach the weekend.

Athena was shook awake way before she had planned to wake up. She sat up to see Angelina on top of her.

"Quidditch practice!" said Angelina. "Come on!" 

Athena squinted at the window. There was a thin misthanging across the pink-and-gold sky. Now that hewas awake, he couldn't understand how he couldhave slept through the racket the birds were making. 

"Angelina," Athena croaked. "It's the crack of dawn." 

"Yeah," said Angelina. "It's part of our new trainingprogram, Wood has made. Come on, grab your broom, and let's go,"said Angelina. " He says that none of the other teams havestarted training yet; we're going to be first off themark this year —"

Yawning and shivering slightly, Athena climbed out ofbed and tried to find her Quidditch robes. 

"Meet you on the field infifteen minutes."

Once she pulled on her scarlet robes, it struck her....... today was Saturday, which ment that she had her first lesson with Snape....

She shook her head and cleared her mind. That's at six, it five in the morning. 

When Athena reached the changing room everyone were already there.

"There you are, Athena, what kept you?" said Woodbriskly. "Now, I wanted a quick talk with you allbefore we actually get onto the field, because I spentthe summer devising a whole new training program,which I really think will make all the difference. ..."

 Wood was holding up a large diagram of a Quidditchfield, on which were drawn many lines, arrows, andcrosses in different-colored inks. He took out hiswand, tapped the board, and the arrows began towiggle over the diagram like caterpillars. As Woodlaunched into a speech about his new tactics, FredWeasley's head drooped right onto Alicia Spinnet'sshoulder and he began to snore. 

The first board took nearly twenty minutes to explain,but there was another board under that, and a third under that one. Athena was barely awake as Wooddroned on and on. 

"So," said Wood, at long last, jerking Athena awake. "Isthat clear? Any questions?" 

"I've got a question, Oliver," said George, who hadwoken with a start. "Why couldn't you have told us allthis yesterday when we were awake?" 

Wood wasn't pleased.

"Now, listen here, you lot," he said, glowering at them all. "We should havewon the Quidditch Cup last year.We're easily the best team. But unfortunately —owing to circumstances beyond our control —" 

Harry shifted guiltily in his seat. Athena put a hand on his shoulder to sign him that it is ok.

"So this year, we train harder than ever before. ...Okay, let's go and put our new theories into practice!"Wood shouted, seizing his broomstick and leading theway out of the locker rooms. Stiff-legged and stillyawning, his team followed. 

They had been in the locker room so long that thesun was up completely now, although remnants ofmist hung over the grass in the stadium. As Athena walked onto the field, she saw Ron and Hermionesitting in the stands. 

"Aren't you finished yet?" called Ron incredulously. 

"Haven't even started," said Harry, "Wood's been teachingus new moves." 

She mounted her broomstick and kicked at theground, soaring up into the air. The cool morning airwhipped her face, waking her far more effectivelythan Wood's long talk. It felt wonderful to be back on  the Quidditch field. She soared right around thestadium at full speed, racing Fred and George.