Rabbit Season!

I appeared in a smoky room. Several rabbits surrounded a table. All of them looked different. I gasped in recognition of a few. The brown bunny from Nesquik. The pink Energizer bunny. A plain white rabbit that looked like it was from the Cadbury commercials. Another white bunny with a red jacket and blue jeans looked furious. The most famous character was Bugs Bunny, who smiled at me.

"A human. Bold move Oswald," he grinned at the rabbit behind me. Bugs's eyes cut to Gladstone. "And company."

"Deal her in," Oswald said, taking a seat.

He patted the chair next to him.

"No humans allowed," the small white rabbit said.

"We can make an exception," Bugs hummed.

"Yea it's the last round of the night," Oswald hummed.

"No. Humans. Allowed," the bunny said slowly while tapping on a sign saying the same thing. "The goose can play."

"Typical," Oswald sighed.

"It's fine," I said.

"Gladstone Gander, nice to meet you," Gladstone said, taking the seat. I stood behind him.

"Ah, nice to meet you, Doc. And you're uh," Bugs looked at me.

"Uh, um... my Aunt. ___," Gladstone said. I hit him hard.

"No," I snapped under my breath.

The cards were dealt quickly. Gladstone flipped them up so I could see.

"Like old times," Gladstone laughed to me.

They dealt him in without much discussion. Bugs spun his carrot.

"Left of the dealer," Bugs said. "Ah, let's see, that's a call for me."

Several holds, calls, and raises went up. They played so fast. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Though Bugs didn't stop talking the whole time. He was almost narrating the game. I looked around. There wasn't much in the room besides the table and mirror. Through the door to our right led to a bar.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but where are we?" I asked.

"Kid, many Gods wait for the stars to align so barriers between realms open so they can travel. But that only happens every few hundred years so us rabbits use the easier method," Oswald shrugged.

"Easier?" I asked.

"Ya you know the story. Everyone in your world does," Oswald hummed.

Alice in Wonderland, I thought. However, that didn't explain why we were here. The white rabbit glared at me. My question didn't interrupt much. They started another game. There hadn't been a winner but I was surprised that Gladstone hadn't won. I was drawn back to the game when Oswald flinched.

"Again! No! I'm out!" He threw his cards across the table.

"Well you don't have to be a sore loser about it, Doc." Bugs bit his carrot. "That leaves you. Gladstone was it? I like that name."

"Call," Gladstone smiled.

"Alright," Bugs hummed.

They laid cards down on the table. I didn't know much about the game except Gladstone laid down four queens and an Ace. Bugs laid down Four Kings and an Ace. Gladstone stared at the two hands.

"You won?" I asked Bugs.

"Eh," Bugs shrugged and picked up the loot from the center. "Ya made it interesting though."

Bugs walked off back into the bar. The others followed him. I looked at Gladstone expecting him to be mad. He hadn't looked away from his losing hand.

"You okay?" I asked.