This isn't Kansas!

We finally settled into our regular routines again. Breakfast in Scrooge's office. A tour around the Bin, signing papers, and
going to meetings. The kids entertained themselves until one of the adults had to step in. Thankfully we had all had our share of magical creatures and monsters for the month so they focused more on who could scale the house the fastest or who could hogtie a bear. Plus all of the unwanted guests had made their way home.

This morning was no different. I cooked breakfast and the kids slunk down the stairs. I made mine and Scrooge and took the plates upstairs. He poured over the newspaper so I just put the plate beside him and quietly ate mine.

The morning air was quiet and chilly. The silence between us seemed almost natural. This was literally the perfect morning so of course Della had to ruin it.

"Alright! It's been long enough. We need wedding details!" Della shouted and I nearly choked on my breakfast.

The door slammed as she marched into the room and I was impressed she managed that.

"Well?" She tapped her prosthetic impatiently and it made a small squeaking noise. "You two haven't discussed it all, have you?"

I shifted. Scrooge had attempted but we were interrupted, thankfully, by the flaming arrow contest happening in the back yard and I hadn't bothered to mention it again.

"We've been busy, Las," Scrooge mumbled into his tea.

"Well, at least give me a time frame?" Della huffed. I glanced at Scrooge, who just shrugged. "If you two aren't going to set a time and date I will."

I was going to pick my own anniversary. I thought quickly.

"The first," I popped.

"That gives us three months. Not a lot of time but," I cut Della off.

"November first," I said.

"That's three weeks, _____! Are you crazy? Do you know how much there is to do?" She looked to Scrooge for backup.

"What's the problem?" Scrooge asked, sounding confused.

"I mean the cake. The dress. The tuxes. The venue. Ahhh the guest list. There's so much to do!" She was starting to hyperventilate when she marched out of the room. "Huey, I need you!"

"Love, I can tell her to hold off," Scrooge said once she was gone. I looked at him. "You look like you're going revisit breakfast."

"I'm fine. She's just kinda scary when she's this into something," I hummed. He smiled brightly.

"Do you want to go with her, today?" he asked.

"We have that national conglomerate meeting today," I said. He frowned and looked at the door. "Go help her if you want to. I can handle the Bin today."

"Love you should go," he said.

"No, I'm sure you have been planning this longer than you care to admit," I said.

He shifted his hat and looked embarrassed.

I made my way to the Bin. My phone dinged.

Wedding Plans:

_Huey_:
Who should be on the guest list?
When are you available to look at locations?

Space-cadet: And cake tasting?

I groaned. This was going to be a long but I figured it would be easier to answer a few questions now rather than a whole bunch later.

Wedding Plans:

Me:  I want it small, family and
close friends, at the manor.
I honestly don't care what flavor.
Me: Also try not to stress
Scrooge out with cost