Wedding Day Panic!

Someone bounced me out of the bed. I looked up at June and Webby, who were on the bed, and Della, who was laughing hovering by the door.

"Raise and shine," Della said.

"Breakfast time?" May asked, rubbing her eyes.

"We've got it covered!" Webby said, holding out a tray.

"Breakfast on the floor. My favorite," I chuckled, standing.

"Come on. We're already behind schedule," Della said.

Webby put the plate on my desk and Della unrolled a matt of makeup and hair products. While I ate Lena and Daisy came in. Daisy started giving the kids a makeover. Huey came in and Della took a deep breath and stomped out of the room.

June was first up to get a makeover. She fidgeted, trying to keep an eye on the mirror the whole time. May didn't look at the mirror the whole time. When Daisy was done she sorta pushed the mirror away. Webby was super excited. Apparently, Beakley never let her play with make-up except on missions. Lena declined everything but a smokey eye. Daisy also set their hair. Nothing fancy, just curls.

I was last and decided to stretch my legs before I was bound to the chair for gods knows how long. I slipped out when no one was looking. I milled about avoiding contact with friends and family as they came in. I didn't see Gladstone anywhere.

I made my way to the roof. He wasn't there. I looked down. The boys were moving flowers around. Donald was bouncing around with his foot on fire. He stuck it in the pool and sighed. I sat down with a small laugh. Suddenly, Xandra was standing beside me.

"So which god knocked you up?" she popped. Before I could respond she added. "Oh sorry. Probably not the topic to bring up on your wedding day. I mean if your husband doesn't know I will keep it a secret but I need to know."

Her eyes glint almost humorously.

"I'm confused," I started and she cut me off.

"I mean I overheard the girls were part human and they are clearly yours so who is their father?" she said eagerly.

"That is not the part I was confused about!" I screeched.

Gyro looked up and I scooted backwards. I shushed her and pulled her down. I heard Della from across the house when she noticed I was missing.

"I mean it is nothing to be ashamed about. A lot of gods are very promiscuous," Xandra continued. "Ok don't tell me but please tell me that it wasn't Zeus that bastard has way too many kids. I swear Hera should put a chastity belt on that man."

"Why do you think they are half god?" I whispered.

"Since that is the only way for humans to have kids in this world."

"Apparently, not," I huffed. She looked confused. I huffed, "They aren't... I didn't have them but they are part of me."

"What?" she asked.

"Someone made them out of me and Scrooge," I emphasized his name.

"Oh." She tapped her chin, "why does that sound familiar?"

"_____!" Della yelled from below us.

I looked over the edge. She was marching around below us.

"I better," I looked around and I was alone.

I turned a corner and spotted Scrooge already dressed, heading to the stairs and attempting to push his mother away. I froze. He really did clean up well. I mean he always looked away nice but he was dazzling.

I looked down at my pajamas and dodged back down the hallway. I was halfway back to my room when I bumped into the German scientist.

"Ludwig! I didn't realize you were coming," I said.