"Shit" I said folding my legs up on his couch.

"Yeah... and he eighteen so he technically an adult now"

"So he staying for good then" I assumed

"Yeah I told him he not to go back to Houston cause I don't want him experiencing the same shit I went through and going down the wrong path so I rather him stay here where I can look after him and shit."

"Aww that's so nice of you" I smiled

"So what about you. Why you not in college?" he eyed me.

"Well I have bills that need to be paid and a sister who needs taking care of" I told him.

"What about your parents? You can ask them for help you don't have to be doing everything by yourself"

"Well my dad left with the milk years ago and.... my mom died of cancer."

"Shit sorry about that"

Delano had a look of sympathy on his face.

"Don't look at me like that" I turned my head away from him because I felt a tear slip out my eye.

"Hey!" Delano grabbed my chin forcing me to look at him.

"Everything gonna be ok Trinity I'm sure she's proud of how far you've come."

"I try to be tough for Nae y'know but sometimes I feel like giving up. It was so unexpected because I had a life planned out after high school and–"

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to"

I nodded my head.

The front door suddenly opened and AJ appeared along with Nae which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"What a surprise" AJ eyes were widened.

"Brotha" Delano grinned standing up from the couch to give his brother a hug

"Nae and I made eye contact then she turned around and walked away from the door.

"Nae!" I got up off the couch to chase after her.

"Since when do you lie to me?" I said and she stopped walking then turned around to face me with her arms folded across her chest.

"I don't have to mention every part of my day with you Trin"

"What do you mean you don't have to you're my responsibility Nae" I looked at her like she was crazy.

"I'm eighteen now Trin I don't know why it's so hard for you to give me some privacy."

"Where is this coming from?"

"You're always up in my business sometimes I feel like I can't breathe."

I jerked my head back in offense.

"Ever since mom died I've made sure to take care of you. I made sure you were f–"

"Please don't act like you give a shit about me because before mom died you didn't even look in my direction. You chose your friends over me and you were literally never home." Nae mugged me.

"So is this what we're doing now huh" I scoffed folding my arms across my chest.

"Don't put this on me Nae."

"So you can sneak around with boys but I can't?"

That was four/ five years ago

"That doesn't excuse the fact that you lied to me about where you were. What if you got into an accident? How would I know if you were ok?"

"AJ would never get me into any danger" she said

"That's not the point Nae. You barely know anything about him and you just met the guy. What if he was doing something illegal?"

"He's not into any of that stuff"

"What exactly do you know about him? That's right nothing because you couldn't wait to undress for him the night at the club." I gave her a disgusted look.

"That's none of  your business. See I can't even have a privacy!" Nae scoffed rolling her eyes.

"Well I sure hope you know what the fuck you doing since you so grown now." I shook my head at her then turn around to walk back into Delano's apartment.

___________________________