" It's okay ,I can go by myself." She said.

" Yeah, I know. Come on."

As Quan Fumin and Wang Linxue arrived at her house, they were greeted by the sight of her mother, who wore a stern expression.

Curiosity filled her mother's voice as she asked, "Who's this?" Wang Linxue took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts, and replied, "Mom, this is Quan Fumin. He's my friend at SR."

There was a momentary silence as her mother assessed the situation, her eyes searching for any signs of impropriety. Quan Fumin, feeling the weight of the moment, mustered his courage and greeted her politely, "Mrs. Wang, it's a pleasure to meet you. I apologize for the unexpected visit."

Her mother's stern expression softened, and she motioned for them to enter the house.

He hesitated for a moment, his eyes meeting Wang Linxue's, searching for reassurance. Upon seeing her encouraging nod, he gratefully accepted the invitation and followed them into the living room.

" It's actually Miss Fang dear. I don't carry my ex husband's name anymore ."

" Oh, I'm sorry if I offended you. " He rushed out but she just laughed waving him off.

" It's okay."

Quan Fumin's phone rang signalling a text message. Multiple times. Reading it, he paused for a moment before staring at her hesitantly.
" I have to go...my assistant is looking for me urgently .Do I --"

" It's okay, we'll talk later Fumin. Take care." Wang Linxue said ,her voice barely audible.

Nodding at the mother and daughter, he left the room leaving Fang Luman raising a judging eyebrow at Linxue who started to remove the coat around her. His coat was with her again.

" Care to explain?"

" I don't want to talk about it."

Sitting beside her daughter , she raised her hand in a threatening gesture to pull her ear.

" Ah! No ..."She shifted away screaming before tears started to flow down her cheeks which made her stop and sit back down.

" Aiya! I haven't even started and you are crying? What exactly is wrong?" Fang Luman shook her head stunned.

Pouting, she cried," Jinwei and I had a fight."

" Oh. Your first?"

She shook her head. " But this time, he left me on the street. He didn't even console me and just ignored me."

" What did you do?"

" I didn't do anything." She sniffed. " I just followed my friend to celebrate his signing at SR for a few minutes. He happened to be his friend and then he got angry when I tried explaining."

" You..." Fang Luman pinched her shoulder hard causing her to yelp in pain. " I told you to come home and you followed your friend elsewhere. I ought to beat you right now . What do you take me for?"

" Aiya, mom, can't you see I'm sad. Why do you have to be so fierce?" Wang Linxue pouted while twisting away from her mother in annoyance.

" Whatever." Fang Luman sighed before taking in her daughter's appearance. With heart ache ,she took her cheeks in her palm in comfort.

"It's okay Xue Xue. Knowing Jinwei, he will come back and apologize to you for lashing out... Did he lash out?"

" He just left. "Wang Linxue rolled her eyes.

" Okay for leaving. He probably has much on his mind and couldn't help it. Everyone has their bad days and he's probably beating himself up for it now. But that doesn't mean letting him off easy. We shouldn't let men get away with wronging us okay? If he loves you, he would put away his pride and apologize for leaving you. "