Chapter 7 - Their own Power

'Four days left...' Vegeta noted to himself as he sat unmoved from the same spot still attempting to master the powerful technique Pybara had allowed him to. After almost forty continuous hours, Vegeta had gotten absolutely nowhere in terms of progressing. How could he have been so naive? He had wasted one more day than Pybara had suggested trying to learn this energy-taking technique.

On the verge of a rage-filled tantrum about to give up, Master Pybara placed a hand on Vegeta's shoulder. "Do not give in yet, my student. I sense something more than just your ability to be at play here."

With that said, Vegeta had calmed down. "What do you mean my master?" he asked after recollecting his thoughts of anger. Pybara continued, "I need to feel the ki within you. Power back up to full power so I may search your entire energy for something."

Vegeta, who had spent those last couple days trying to raise and lower his power level continuously to mere double-digits felt a wave of relief wash over his face. Standing back up, he began to regain his whole strength into his body. With his hand still on his shoulder, Pybara closed his eyes, trying to sense anything within Vegeta's ki that would indicate a problem. After Vegeta slowly progressed to his full power, Pybara eventually let go of his student.

"Vegeta, I don't fully understand what you and Son Goku had gone through after Namek, but I must ask you some questions." Looking a little surprised, Vegeta took a step back and responded, "Lots of things have happened since Namek, you'll need to be specific."

"Vegeta, have you ever lost control of your body? Have you ever been possessed by a malicious spirit that was not your own?" Pybara asked.

Even more surprised than before, Vegeta's eyes widened. How could master Pybara have known? Still waiting for a response from his student, Pybara stood patiently. Vegeta finally spoke, "Twice, actually. Once I was possessed by a magician named Babidi, who commanded me to kill Son Goku. I eventually overcame his control. However, the second time was recently. A strange biomechanical robot managed to take control of my body by infecting me with his virus."

"I see, that's the problem," responded his teacher. "As you powered up, I felt energy that was not your own. The Ki inside one's body flows like a river. The residue from your possessor has acted as a dam. Though he may have added to your power at the time, ever since you've escaped his control, your power has been handicapped. Your body has naturally formed streams around this dam to continue its flow, but the dam still remains..."

"Who knows what would happen if it were to be removed. I would liken it to wearing weighted clothing during training, something Son Goku liked to frequently do. Remove it, and your power may rocket to new heights," speculated Pybara.

"Your body may have adapted to its handicap. However, it also could have depended upon this foreign power. If it is removed, it would almost be like removing a battery from a machine, and in the process, weaken you severely; If you lost the ability to walk and used a Wheelchair for several years, if you suddenly regained control of your legs, you'd barely be able to stand..." Pybara continued.

"Well," Vegeta interjected, "Those are two very different outcomes aren't they? If I wish to regain control of my entire body to learn your Yardratian spiritual techniques, then I would have to remove this *thing* from my body, wouldn't I? If I need to beat this imposter using Goku's body, then I'll need to make sure my body is 100 percent my own. How do we go about removing it?" Pybara took a step back, it was his turn to be surprised this time; he hadn't expected his student to have made up his mind already.

"There *is* a spiritual cleansing process here on Yardrat, but it could take as long as a day to a week. Are you positive you want to go through with this Vegeta?" his teacher asked.