HOLD THE LINE! LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS ON TIME!

SMUT NEXT CHAP. SORRY
_________________________

I do love him.

I could give you the 'I don't know what love is' spill, but I'll save it.

I love Hobie.

I don't think it's realistic to be so secretive about it.

Sorry, I just love to talk about it.

Anyway, in two days the band is going to assist me in saying goodbye to my dad. They'll help me enter and leave. They are superheroes really, but we never really talk about how they casually save the world every now and again.

For now, though, Hobie and I are having a walk, now that we've finished talking to the band and most of them have gone home, but Ri normally sleeps there with all her devices and stuff.

It's cold out, but not terribly cold just yet. A fall breeze in the nighttime, I'm sure you can imagine that.

We hold hands to stay warm. It's enough.

I want to say it now.

I'm hopeless. I start to laugh.

He nudges me out of my thoughts. "Wat's funny?"

"Just thinking about something... I have a question."

"Mm?"

"You've been helping me out a lot..." I start. I want to ask if there's anything I could do to return the favor. Is that lame? Maybe I should just do it so he can't resist. (That sounds so off, but you know what I mean.)

"Really?" He asks.

I scoff "Of course, I sometimes wonder how you have the patience to deal with a big baby all the time," then I chuckle again. "Like you've got experience or something."

He didn't respond, so I looked up.

Holy shit. Does he have experience? Oh, I've been so selfish! How could I not consider that he might have some deep history?

"Do you?" I spoke my mind.

"Doesn' mat'er, mine is past. You'rs..."

"Yeah," I sigh. But no. "Ours."

We both squeeze the other's hand a bit tighter.

"I've noticed you're really... calm about all of it, Hobie," I look at him again. "How?"

He takes a deep breath and chuckles.

I laugh, just because he did, I guess. But why's he laughing? "What?" I ask.

"You want me to be honest?" He looks down at me from the side of his eye, raising his brow and a playful smirk.

"Always," I shrug.

"Then, it's because I love you," he nods.

Are you fucking kidding me? I stop walking. Jaw to the ground. Holding his hand still, but he staggers to keep our fingers locked.

Then he starts to laugh, and I start to laugh. I want to cry because holy crow.

"Hobie, be serious, you can't just say shit like that, you know?"

He was still laughing, so I was as well.

"Stop," I started to tear. Out of bliss and a bit of humor.

"Come 'ere. You'r such a goof."

  "I love you too Hobie," I mumble into his shoulder. About five or six of the spikes on his jacket are poking me but who cares?

  "I know, bird," he chuckles.

"How?" I ask, breaking away.

He hesitates.

"Who else do you 'ave?" He didn't sound too proud to say it. He's right though. It was inevitable I suppose.

"Okay," I nod, humor in my smile so he knows I'm not hurt. "You know, you beat me to it? Damn, Punk," I shook my head

We spoke about random things for the rest of the way home.

  Theories about the universe and some silly things we've done as children.

  Every so often it would get silent and I would start to smile and he'd say something to tease like "There she goes again," which is so embarrassing.

  "There it is," he teased one last time at my smile before grabbing my face gently and pulling me into a kiss.

  "I hate you," I laugh.

  "Aw, dam. Jus' wen it was ge'tin' good, yeh?" And he pushes the door open.

  I don't like smiling this much I feel like a little kiddd.

  Okay no more. No more.

  Stop. Idiot. Idiot.

  I love him. And he loves me. That's all it is! Whatever.

  "Come here," I smile.

  You guys are genuinely hilarious. Someone's bio said that they're "lgbbq" and I almost cried laughing.

  Your comments are so terrible but so funny sometimes.

  I've only had to delete one comment this whole time (they were 13).

  Also, I'm gonna do a rewrite of the entire book when the next movie comes out, so we'll just have fun with this one yeah?

  Different characters, different personalities (besides Hobie), and more detail.

  It'll be less cringe and more interesting because I'll have all the info I need.

  See u next chapter baby <3 SMUT FR THIS TIME. Y'all needed a break anyway shiii