You Go Down Just Like Holy Mary, Mary On A, Mary On A Cross

Is it technically stalking if it's literally me?

I'm trying not to freak out about that by the way... I've made the connections in my head already, that this isn't the universe I belong to.

I've seen Back to the Future and all... so I'm being careful. If that's even how this works...

Anyway, by the route she's taking, she's definitely headed to Hobie's.

I've decided to just follow behind her, even further away now though because I know where she's going, so I don't need to keep my eyes on her so closely. I'll climb up to that roof.

Once I'm up high she's in the apartment with Hobie.

She... is unlike me. She's sluggish and a bit more out of it.

  I sort of gasp to see her find comfort in Hobie's shoulder. He wraps his arms around her, and although I can't hear it, she sobs.

  Hobie is facing away from me, so I can't see his face. It's annoying. But my focus is on her. What's happened? She slides down his body, onto the floor.

  He squats to her level and by the movements of his person I can tell he's saying sweet things.

  She doesn't listen. She's so sad. At this moment I'm not sure I can relate to her. Have I ever felt such pain? That I'd cry so endlessly in front of anyone like this?

  Rock bottom if you ask me.

  At least she still lives at the house... I think.

  For a few more hours I stay up here. Hobie left with his mask on. Off to save the fucking world I guess.

  I'm starting to—nnnzzz-ahhhh-bbbvvv! Jesus! I hate that shit.

  I'm starting to feel weird. Maybe it's time to head home?

  Or watch what she's doing now. Going to work? A practice? Whatever, I'll find out.

  She wears casual clothing, almost streetwear, but too proper to really classify it as so.

  I usually go all the way proper or all the way casual, but I could see myself depressed enough to try something like that. Is she older than I am?

  Why do I walk like that? Stupid. I sort of chuckle, but she doesn't seem to be in a good mood. Not too much on her.

  In an instant, I relate to her. We both shoot our gaze to an explosion.

  The fuck?

  It happens so quickly, that I'm not sure what they are. They emerge from the building to my right, and instead of watching, I descend the ladder to get down from the building.

  The road becomes a battlefield in less than five minutes, but I'm sprinting away, so I can't really describe it to you, but it's loud and there are things being broken and thrown around for sure. I saw something.

  "What the hell are those... pig-looking things!" I breathe to myself.

  Holy shit, holy shit.

  And my feet are pumping faster than my heart. Now is definitely time to le—.

  "HELP!!!" someone calls.

  I couldn't ignore the cry. I turned. Spider-Man flew across the sky. Not to the girl in trouble.

  That girl. Me.

  "Back to the Future" I remind myself.

  I can't interfere...

  My mind bounces around.

  I see her lying there, blood gushing from a wound to her skull. A pig-like thing standing over her. I'm too busy watching her in pain to describe the thing. But I'll give you this, he was large and burly.

  When you watch someone get hurt, and you flinch because you could imagine how it feels. Now if that person were literally you. It's as if I'm watching a memory I'm so glad I've forgotten.

  Spider-Man hears her on the second call. I hide, as he is finally coming to her rescue.

  The pig swings and misses as Hobie's 'spider sense' (as Gwen says it was called) aids him. And for a while, they tussle.

  I feel a certain yearning to know the outcome of this whole affair.

  "MJ!!!" He shouts because he's trying to wake her up, trying to aid her once the pig is down.

  MJ? Ah, I guess I told him my fake name in this universe.

  I cover my mouth. She doesn't look good at all. Her arm looks broken.

  She tries to point. She tries to tell him. His spider senses at work again, he avoids a blow to the head, but in doing so the pig grabs a hold of her.

  The pig knows the girl is... important to the spider.

  He starts a chase and Hobie keeps up for the most part, but in the end, the pig has her prepped for a toss.

  There's a certain urgency in Hobie's movement. A hopeful one.

  I'm—she's already limp in the arms of the attacker...

  I can feel the heat in the air despite the actual temperature.

  You should know. Hobie doesn't kill anymore.

  But in this moment he's scarier than I've ever seen.

  He's been wounded in other battles already and he's struggling. Struggling against such a simple opponent.

  The street fills with gloom although the fight is still ablaze.

  As if the word were already written. As if hood or hopelessness meant nothing anymore.

  At the same moment that moral ran out in the spider with a final—fatal—blow to the pig's head. The pig slams me—her into the ground and the street full of gloom is echoed in a loud snapping sound.

  After which the world seems to stop spinning.

  I whimper in fear. This can't be real.

  She's gone.

  I can feel myself shake.

  I can hear myself breathing.

  I can tell... I shouldn't be here.

  I trigger the watch.

  Guysss I'm back fr this time. IK it's a lil boring w/o Hobie n Hobie D, but let me set her up right, yeah?

  Alright ily guys see you tomorrow.