"The only problem with you, Naruto, is that you carry on with whatever you want without asking anyone. Straight-forwardness is good, but it's a pain in the ass when you go too far with it."

"What should I have done? I convinced her-" He was interrupted by the clicking of Sasuke's tongue. 

"What? You got sum to say?" He challenged, but the dark-haired young boy didn't spare him even a glance. Naruto was annoyed because he was always like that. He looked over to Sai, who also looked like he was itching to say something. "Spit it out, Sai."

"It's not a business deal. It was supposed to be a suggestion, right?" Sai shrugged. "But who am I expecting tact from?" He made Naruto frown.

"Simp." A snide comment made its way into the conversation.

"You stay out of this, Sasuke." He glared at the raven-head. 

"I'm only saying what is to be said. If you don't wanna hear it, then have fun screwing up your love life." His red-rimmed eyes glared right back.

Naruto pushed back his screeching garden chair violently and caught hold of Sasuke's collar. "Say that again to me, will ya."

Sasuke maintained both his poise and his stance. "What? So you're gonna wipe the ground before every step she takes?"

"Naruto, you need to calm down. Sasuke-kun, you too. You don't have to be so blunt." Ino stepped in before the situation escalated. "Let's break this down."

"...Fine." He sat back down, across from his childhood friends, his arms crossed against his chest. 

"Do you remember why you decided to move out of your house?" She asked.

"I wanted to stop being babied and build something on my own."

"Let's start there then. You had a caring family. But why were you dissatisfied with it?"

"I was being smothered over there. I could never catch a break. No matter what I did, I'd always be known as 'President Uzumaki's son' or 'Officer Namikaze's son'. I wanted to be out of that shell. And also, who am I kidding; My grandparents were total Mama Bears."

"So you hate being spoon-fed."

"And like being financially independent."

"You hate having to owe someone."

"Yep. I wanted to step out of Mom and Dad's shadow and get a life of my own. I didn't want anybody's help." 

"Exactly." She smiled.

"Huh?"

"What makes you think Hinata wouldn't want the same thing?"

The blonde was left aghast.

"You're being equally pampering and overbearing as your family. Don't you think there'll come a day when she'll be tired of you doing everything for her, just like you felt with your family? We're just worried for you, Naruto." She continued. The thought that he would be the one hindering her flight, blew his mind.

"You were just gonna help her. Right? But with the road you're going down right now just seems like you're tryna control her." Sakura said. "Honestly, the couple of times I've seen you guys together, you don't even let her talk."

The blonde felt like he had been hit by a brick. That evening, he left feeling completely different than when he had arrived
That was not what he had had in mind at all. He had just not wanted her to bear the brunt of her hardships. He had not wanted her to feel alone. He had never once expected that it could become a burden for her.