Chapter 1: A Celebration Before the Change of History

...NOW APPROACHING KAON: NORTH ENTRANCE...

P4X onlined his optics and prepared to navigate through the crowded station. It wouldn't be easy, as his build was much smaller than most mechs. Nevertheless, he managed to squeeze through the cramped doors and narrowly missed being knocked over by two large industrial mechs making their way to the monorail. Venting a sigh of relief as he made it to the main entrance, he took a moment to analyze the area. Alpha Trion hadn't told him where to go or even WHO he was exactly supposed to investigate. He suddenly heard a loud roaring-like noise off in the distance. 

Startled, he looked around for where the noise had come from- "HEY WATCH IT!". P4X suddenly found himself on the ground after being shoulder-checked by a large, older mech. P4X was about to tell this mech to 'frag himself' when suddenly something clicked in his CPU and painfully took over. He watched himself get up onto his knees and bow his helm. He watched disgusted with himself as he deeply apologized to the mech for being in the way. Said mech nearly scoffed and walked away, grumbling something about "fraggin'...pit-forsaken bootleg..". P4X muttered his own profanities when that feeling suddenly clicked again. "AGH! Frag! every time!" he muttered, massaging his helm in pain. He looked up and saw that a few bots passing him by were giving him weird looks and decided that he should get up and keep moving. He let out an exhausted sigh for what seemed the hundredth time that day and decided to move towards the large commotion. He found himself following a crowd of mechs and femmes cheering as they walked over to what looked to be a large arena. In front of the main entrance, he saw tons of cybertronians gathered around something or someone. 

P4X weaved in and out of the crowd towards the center to better hear and investigate and after squeezing through the last of the mechs, he found what he was looking for..

"FELLOW KAONIANS! IT IS MY PLEASURE TO GREET YOU AFTER ANOTHER GREAT VICTORY IN THE ARENA!" The mechs and femmes around him cheered greatly, raising their clenched servos to the sky. P4X backed up a bit to stay away from the edge of the crowd so as not to draw attention to himself but kept his optics on the mech before him. He was a larger build, had broad spiked shoulders, and the great cannon attached to his arm guard screamed gladiator as confirmed by his statement. Said mech watched the crowd, scanning the attendants before starting his speech. 

He spoke with such power yet with no demanding tone. Speaking about the corruption in the higher class and the council itself to which P4X rolled his optics but silently agreed. He listened to everything the mech before he said, noting his main points, his mannerisms, and anything that might be worth reporting. Then he mentioned something, something that truly struck his spark. "We should be equal! We are all built of the same material, born the same way, and flow with the same energon as everyone else but the council has decided that where we come from defines us as a whole!" P4X unconsciously took a step forward. Could it be? Someone who truly sees the world as how it is, how it could be, and most importantly, who he could be? "I am truly grateful to have the support of all my fellow Kaonians and any allies who have joined us today. Once we have the council's attention, I shall make a case and fight to change our world for the better!" The yelling and cheering sounded like a distant blur to P4X as he continued to walk a step or two forward, not realizing how far he had stepped away from the crowd. 

Meanwhile, the mech giving the speech realized that some of the crowd was not looking at him and paused his speech. He looked towards where a good chunk of the crowd was looking and only then noticed a smaller bot approaching from the crowd. He couldn't see much of them as they were covered in an old cloak but could tell they were staring at him. The bot themself looked very out of place. They had a much smaller build than the bots in the area and from what he could tell, his facial features did not resemble any traits from the area. He snapped out of his thoughts when his friend pinged his comm, asking why he stopped. He looked from his friend to the bot standing before him pointedly and decided to confront them. "Is there anything I can do for you?" he asked as he stepped down and approached the silent bot before him.