Prologue: Back to the Beginning

In life, there are many things that we regret. Past choices, past actions, even things said or left unsaid. We are taught to simply let go and to move on. Is it not also important to understand and let us feel our feelings and emotions? If you push everything away without letting yourself acknowledge it and say " It's okay ", eventually it will all come rushing back like a nasty boomerang.

"Optimus..what's wrong? You've been acting different, with less energy on the field and it feels as if you're not even there when we talk to you."

"....I have simply...been thinking, ...a lot old friend. Becoming a prime was never a choice that I made. All I did was suggest an alternative to fighting, I simply wanted to help a friend achieve his goal. In the end... I was forced into the responsibility of our planet...Forced to fight my dearest friend and watch thousands die by his servos. Sometimes old friend..I wish that for once, I could have a choice for my own life. To become who I once was and give up the burden...To give up being a prime..."

" ...I understand... It's a lot of responsibility and I know that it's hard. But we are far too deep in this war to simply walk away now. Not only is our future and the remaining cybertronian's lives at stake..but now the humans are involved...So as tempting as it may be, you have a title and a role to hold and unfortunately, this is what fate has chosen for you."

'....Why?...'

"P4X! Come here at once!" a voice bellowed down the long dark hall. A blue and red bot turns his head and sighs deeply. "Yes sir" he replies and begins to make his way to the other mech slowly.

Tired faded blue optics rest briefly as memories from long ago swirl like a whirlpool in his CPU. A blurred excited youngling runs by, a beautiful shining building off in the distance, the rush of happiness and sparkling big blue optics. Uncertainty and unease send chills down his back struts, deceiving smiles and impossible demands, angry faces as the youngling is dragged away, begging and pleading. A young mech steps out of the room, his colors faded, once brilliant blue optics, now dim, almost grey. "All I wanted..."

"P4X! Hurry before I drag you in here myself!" called an older, irritated voice. "Yes sir, right away sir," said mech picking up his pace to a light jog. He enters one of the building's large meeting rooms—a long table underneath a lovely chandelier that illuminates the room in a bright glow. The mech designated 'P4X' moves to stand next to a red mech at the head of the table. "Alpha Trion you old fool! Send someone from the council, no, one of us to the slums of Kaon? Has your CPU finally blown after all these eons?" the other mechs at the table looked at each other in disbelief and nodded their helms. "Do not be so foolish Halogen, and watch your glossa! Of course, I would not send one of us! Let alone one of our trusted comrades from Iacon!" The older mech designated Alpha Trion sighed and rested his optics for a moment. 

He then turned to the young red and blue mech who stood next to him and looked him in the optics. "P4X, I have an assignment for you. Disguise yourself and travel to Kaon. You are to strictly investigate the recent protests and return as soon as you have information. You are not to speak to anyone. Do you understand?" Alpha Trion spoke with a commanding yet degrading tone as he looked down on the young mech. Said mech bowed his helm and nodded "Yes sir, right away sir". The older mech turned back to the table and nodded to the other members. One of them spoke up with curiosity, "Are you sure that it is wise to send 'it' on a mission this important?".

"I would rather send someone disposable and less likely to warn the rebels than to send an Iaconian who would do or say anything to save their spark. I do not want word to reach the protesters and let them know that they have gotten the council's attention". They kept silent and nodded. "Good, P4X go now. Make sure to report back the moment you return to Iacon". Said mech nodded. "Yes sir, right away".

P4X walked out of the meeting room and back down the dark hall. 'I suppose my redeeming quality is being disposable now' he thought. Continuing down the hall, he thought about his new task. "Go to Kaon *scoff* like a mech my size would last a breem inside city limits," he said while rolling his optics. He stopped by his berthroom to grab his cloak for the rare times he was sent outside and made his way to the front entrance and checked in with the guard. He gave his permission from Alpha Trion to the guard and made his way outside.

P4X swiftly pulled the hood of the cloak above his helm and made his way to the side streets of the bustling city. After weaving in and through the crowds and through the entrance. He decided to take the monorail to Kaon as he was not permitted to have a vehicle mode. He stepped on the busy train and decided to seat himself towards the back. What was waiting for him in the run-down city, he had no idea but he was not enthused with the idea of digging around a place known for the rapid uprising of rebel cybertronians and the thugs who hid on the outskirts of town.

As he grew near to the destination, he offlined his optics and prepared for the task ahead of him.

However, nothing could prepare the young bot for changes and the dark path that he was about to tread on.

...NOW APPROACHING KAON: NORTH ENTRANCE...