Rumble (chapter 10)

A/n - here's a chapter ! If I don't update for a few days it's cause I'm trying to make chapters for you all but anyways go read :)

Ghost stood next to you , keeping quiet but alert as you slept. He made sure you were okay as you rested. A few times throughout the hours ghost got a signal in from Gaz and the others that they would be coming back later since other issues were going on other than protesting , there was looting , killing and much more. It was long before a loud bang could be heard , shaking the ground beneath you causing you to jolt up out of your sleep as your heart raced from the unexpected rumble and your thoughts ran.

Ghost immdiantly shot up and stood up , grabbing his rifle tightly as he looked out the small broken basement window to see debris and ash falling from the sky above. You looked around with a confused panicked look as you stood up and your eyes started to scan the room. Dust , ash  and smoke started to flood  into the basement as the window had been broken and open. You coughed and hacked as the smoke began to spread into the room and fill your lungs.

You used your Shirt and covered your face and immediately grabbed your bag and slung it over your shoulder and you watched as ghost grabbed the case that had tools and the wrist band lying within the interior. "Get to the window the buildings gonna collapse." Ghost says sternly as another rumble came from the building and quickly as you both hurried to the window. Ghost quickly picked you up and pushed you out the window without warning into the alleyway. Your body falling onto the damp and dirty ground as you you had been pushed.

You then wasted no time and stood up quickly , looking around to see ash and smoke filling the air more along with a ther soldiers and gaurds running rampid around people trying to get everything in order. Ghost quickly moved on heel and pushed himself out the window , a deep grunt escaping his lips as he managed to escape and get out into the open. He quickly grabbed your hand , his grip tight but not enough to cause pain , just discomfort and he ran. You ran behind him not really having a choice where to go or run and you swerved and pushed through people as you tried to run away.

As the building started to collapse ghost kept
running and you followed behind ghost. People screamed as they tried to get away while others were being detained and taken away for unknown reasons .This was the second incident with bombers this month that caused havoc against everyone. Nearby a group of soldiers there was an armored humvee  and ghost started to run towards it as he had a plan.

You pushed and bumped through the screaming and shouting people , you passed dogs and guards, soldiers and officers  as you tried to escape.Glass was shattered and broken, streets were littered with blood and debris and ash and rubble from other buildings.
Since ghost was a soldier he had access to most of the weapons and equipment that most soldiers would have. This was with all the soldiers. Ghost quickly placed his wrist hand under the scanner to open the door and he looked at you expectantly.

"Get in." Ghosts voice bellowed , the panic and urgency eveident in his voice. You nodded and quickly climbed in and ghost followed hehind you and climbed in after. People saw this happening and started to run towards the vehicle you and ghost both accompanied in as they had been looking for a way to safety but before they could get near ghost shut the door and locked it.

Your heart raced as you felt the vibrations and the rumbling as the buildings from the outside came crumbling down. "Dad what's happening" your voice panicked and urgent as you looked at ghost and had his riddle now slung over his shoulder and the black case that held your potential future. "Bombers." He's says firmly but before another word could get out of his mouth your heart dropped as the humvee flipped , causing you to bang your head on the hard metal door. You winced in pain and let out a yelp as the vehicle took a hard tumble as everything had come crashing down onto the road and into the streets and onto the humvee.

Ghost quickly wrapped his arms around you as he used his body to sheild you from getting hurt more then what was already happening and he kept you tucked close. "Your okay I got you." He reassured you as the loud rumbling got worse. He kept you tucked to his chest , his vest and gear pushing on your back  as alarms blared from the outside as it was a signal for danger but yet again there was danger all over. Everything slowly died down and came to a abrupt stop,The screaming stopped everything grew quiet and went silent.

As your back was pressed against his chest, his gear pushing into your soft flesh causing slight discomfort but not enough to bother you as there was no room in your mind to worry about that. As you heard everything come to a stop you heard a sort of glitchy static noise coming from the small walkie talkie that was strapped to ghosts vest. "G-ghost d—you—-opy?" The static and glitchy voice came through as it held a Scottish accent to it but was choppy due to reception , it was soap.

Ghost grunted as he tried to adjust himself as you were on your side and he was as well as the humvee has been tipped on its side. He pushed himself up with a small wince , he looked down at you and saw you were okay but a little distressed. "Are you okay ? Are you hurt?" He asked the basics and you shook your head. "No. Just sore." You replied as you tried sitting up , ghost adjusted and he tried opening the humvee door that was basically a ceiling to you and he tried kicking the door out but nothing worked.

After a few moments of trying he managed to pushed the door open , a loud metal squeaking noise coming from it as he did so.
He slung his rifle over from his shoulders into his grasp and he stuck the tip out as he wasn't sure of what lurked outside. Smoke filed the air while some fires lied about , people dead , bodies and blood scattered across the streets and gaurds , officers and other personnel putting other bodies into bodie bags while debris and rubble lied about as well. Ghost sighed and retreated and stuck his head back into the humvee and he turned to look at you and his gaze wandered to the black case and back to you again and he let off a sigh.

He knew you wouldn't make it past those gaurds and other people without getting stopped and arrested for being the lowest class , he knew that for a fact but lost soldiers that knew ghost didn't dare question his orders as he was a lieutant and other officers and soldiers tended to be of lower rankings but still in a upper class.

He grabbed the black case that held the wrist band and tools that price had been working with and he powered on the wrist band, a small green light indicating that it had been filled with life and he grabbed your wirst and clamped the wrist band on your wrist. The cold metal being met with your warm skin. "But price wasn't finished with this?..." you say weight as  He looked at the hand and looked at you before closing the box and letting off a deep sigh. "I know I know but there's a 50 50 chance that this will work and you'll be seen as a upper classman or you'll be denied entry and you'll get arrested" ghost explained and your eyes widned.

"I'm not gonna let you get arrested alright." Ghost added bluntly as he saw your change in body language and the way you reacted to his words. He peeked his head out of the humvee again before shaking his and sighing. " price this better fucking work." Ghost muttered to himself  as he let go of your wrist and hoped that this would actually work. The luck was needed.

For luck was needed but wasn't easy to gain for you needed a plan but things may backfire or gain the upper hand.