Reunited (chapter 9)

A/n - felt sorta good today so here's another chapter for the day :)

Meanings - (m/n) = mothers name

"You had a mother....what is your mothers name." Ghost stood up and got closer to you as he tried to hold himself together and keep himself composed as his stern facade was fading as the harsh realities of his true feelings set in. "Her name was (m/n) Riley..." your muttered as you stood up and stood in front of ghost. Ghosts eyes glazed over as he realized who you were and where you lied at in his life. "I thought you were a different y/n....you are my y/n...the one I haven't seen since I left." Ghost confessed. "Your y/n Riley." His tone was quiet , barely above a whisper but enough for you to actually here.

"Dad..." you murmured causing ghosts eyes to water more as he heard your hushed words. He hasn't heard that word in about 2-4' years, it was soul crushing for him When he had left for so long and when the pandemic hit and everyone was pushed into hiding but he was able to get to you..he wasn't able to get to your mother. He didn't know you were alive and had assumed both of you were dead. The longer the didn't see you the more he grew much colder and blunt. He became dull and aggressive and didn't care weather you had lived or died.
Now you were right in front of him alive. He felt a sense of relief but he also felt guilt for how he'd been treating you in recent days.

He knelt down on one knee and his hands were shaky , he took off his gloves as he reached out to you  to cup both your cheeks and  He cradled your face in a loving fatherly way  as his hands as he neared. His rough calloused hands gently placed on both of your cheeks , his thumb softly brushing over them. You felt the gentleness in his touch. , the warmth radiating off his hands causing a warm sensation in your face that had felt a bit foreign to you as it had been so long since you've felt a warm sense of comfort.

You've lived in fear for a while now, you've been through hell and back as you were trying to survive this nightmare of a "community" and social system. You haven't felt safe in a long time , you haven't felt comfort or touch in a very long time. You only now are realizing how much you've lost that feeling to feel. As ghost looked at you for another moment he pulled you into a tight embrace , the warm feeling of comfort and relief flooding your system as you and ghost shared this moment of reuniting. Ghosts right  hand held the back of your head while his left hand was on your side as he held you in the embrace.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry.." ghost voice was brittle , as if he was about to crack. "I'm sorry for leaving you and your mother.." he repeated as his head was pressed against yours. Who knew such a harsh and feared special forces  soldier could be so gentle and soft. You nodded against him  As you had your arms wrapped around him tightly as if he would slip away at any moment and you felt the weight of your emotions come crashing down as you felt everything come out all at once as you had been keeping your emotions bottled up for some time.

Your eyes welled with tears and kept your arms around him. After awhile you both pulled away but ghost still kept his hands on your now tear stained cheeks. He gently wiped away the tears that strayed from your eyes with his thumbs. The look in his eyes regretful yet relieved. You took your hands and wiped and rubbed your eyes and you let off a a small sad yet relived smile. "Your still a dick.." you smiled as you looked at ghost. Ghost let off a small chuckle and he ruffled your hair. "I deserve that.." his voice now soft and gentle.

"I don't know why I didn't realize you were mine..i didn't realize my daughter had come back to me.." ghost spoke as he stood up and brushed himself off. You fixed yourself and gave a small smile to him as your mood was lifted up. "You haven't been around for four years dumbass I wonder why you didn't recognize me." You have a small smirk and ghost rolled his eyes in a sort of joking manner but there as still that sad look in his eyes. "I know.."

you walked around for a moment before setting yourself down on the thin sheet you had slept on yesterday. Ghost watched you for a moment as you got comfortable and settled. "You tired?" He asked and you just nodded. "didn't sleep last night aye , well just get some rest..I'll be here." Ghosts tone was firm now as he made sure to keep watch.

He was happy you were back with him and he felt so stupid for not realizing who you were more quicker but yet again this world now that you lived in was either fight , kill or survive. Selfishness was common and comfort and peace lacked throughout. It was always about fighting or something.He was a person who was shaped by his past and  built into the man he was at the moment. Regardless of his dark past and his military background and experience. He sighed and sat down watching over you as you got comfortable and relaxed.

He noticed how you weren't as tense now that it was just you and him as it was much different from when the others were around. A few minutes passed and he noticed our body was relaxed and your eyes were shut as your soft breathing could be barely heard. He noticed how you stood in a sleeping position with your arms around your stomach as if you were protecting yourself from something.

Ghost quietly sat down on the concrete floor and he scooted over next to you and carefully placed his hands under your arms and propped yourself up against his shoulder so you wouldn't be lying your head on the floor. He the gently wrapped his arm around you and stood with his back against the wall and his free hand on his rifle. It was in a protective way as he was protecting you. He listened to the shots and loud yelling that could be heard outside. He hated the world you all lived in now but he mad a promise to himself and it was to keep you safe for harm.
He would keep you protected.

For now you slept and stood at rest while one's true feelings came out at best for now you were protected  and safe from the harm around you that had cause to leave at such a haste.