Fleeing (chapter 2)

A/n- Shit kinda escalated y'all 🤠

TW⚠️- Mentions of attempted sexual assault (nothing actually happens so don't worry to much)

You felt yourself crash into the brick wall of the building next to you on your left and you let out a wince as you came into contact and hit the floor with a slight thud. You tried shakening it off and standing up but you were met with the tip of a rifle. You felt your breathing pick up and the adrenaline rush in as you heard the soldier radioing for back up. You went to move but the soldier pressed the tip of the rifle firmly against your temple causing you to be hesitant.
He wore All black military gear , his balaclava covering his face and his intentions.

Don't move. Show me your wristband."
The soldiers voice was firm and harsh as he grabbed your wrist tightly to the point where you were sure he would leave a bruise. You struggled against him as he took out one of the scanners from his utility belt.
" let go of me you asshole!"
You shouted as you tried pulling away from the soldiers grasp but he had an iron grip on your wrist.
"You speak when your spoken to civilian"
He spat and glared at you as he scanned your wrist. As he did so a loud beeping noise could be heard.

"You're one of those low life's huh , stealing from the rest of us."
The soldiers tone was smug and dark.
" we wouldn't need to steal if you would just give us extra resources."
You snapped back causing the soldier to let out a scoff.
"More stupid kids like you that come into this world only cause more problems."
The soldier growled as he grabbed a pair of cuffs from his belt , the cold metal coming into contact with the skin of your wrists causing you to shudder.

"And the more ignorant and inconsiderate soldiers that come in the problem say " they protect" but instead we're getting killed for leaving our houses at night."
You rolled your eyes as you saw other patrols come into the scene,Drawing their weapons as they saw you. The soldier listened to your words he let out a huff before grabbing your cuffed wrists , pulling you up Harshly to your feet.

As you were brought to your feet you were met with more officers , some had smirks on their faces while others weren't as pleased to see you.
"Seems we caught another delinquent."
One Officer spoke.
"Ah these stupid kids these days , so selfish and stupid."
Another officer chimed in causing your blood to boil.

You and many others didn't get a choice in what they said and did. Hell people were lucky if they got to shower and eat. Many people in the poor class didn't get a say , they didn't get the luxury of sleeping in beds or even getting a hot meal. They didn't get to have a home to stay in , they didn't get to feel safe but that didn't stop them from trying to thrive together. They made underground shelters and communities to keep safe.

You had joined one once and you left and never joined again. You didn't trust them , you had an incident that happened and still thinking about it till this day sends chills down your spine. There was a night when you were sleeping in the shelter , you were alone and one of the men there tried to take advantage of that.

You were jolted out of your sleep to see and feel the man on top of you. He had tried forcing himself onto you in your sleep. You slept with a knife usually and that night you thankfully had it with you and you stabbed the man in his neck. After the night you left. You didn't look back and you didn't feel bad about what you did , it was out of defense.

It still scares you till this day , everything scares you. You don't remember what warmth or love feels like , you have seen once ounce of compassion or comfort from people. Everything was feared and now it was one person for themsleves , people were selfish and the ones who claimed to be safe and kind were the ones who tended to lie the most. You've haven't seen not one genuine person at all and you don't think you ever will ever again aside from your parents who are long gone.

You looked at the soldiers utility belt and an idea sparked in your head. As the officer and soldiers were leading you to their humvee and you glance at the other soldiers for a moment waiting until they looked away. You put your binded hands down towards your pocket and you went into it to find a small rock. Must've fell in while you were walking around and doing stuff earlier in the day. You took the rock and you waited till the soldier that had a grip on you looked away and you gently tossed the rock and hit the garbage can causing a small noise to come up.

As this happened the soldiers all turned their heads towards to noise and now you Finally had your chance.

The chance has come and the times have changed but for one's own destiny is towards others range.