Chapter 11: Bad Moon Rising ( Part 4 )

Hiccup, Fishlegs, and their dragons had got to the island and were now standing at the entrance of a cave.

Hiccup: Ok, Toothless. Give us some light.

Toothless fired a plasma blast into the cave, the two riders then heard a small startled scream of what sounded to belong to a child and the scream caused a bunch of bats to fly out of the cave, scaring the two riders.

Fishlegs: Was that a kid?

Hiccup: ( with a serious expression: ) Let's go, Fishlegs.

Hiccup then noticed the worried look on Fishlegs's face.

Hiccup: Don't worry. I'll be right next to you the whole time. And if there is a kid in there, we have to at least make sure they're okay.

Fishlegs: ( takes a deep breath ) Okay. Let's do this.

( Meanwhile, with Thyra, on the Edge )

Thyra was in the clubhouse with her dragons. She was sitting in a chair while staring at the small red scale with a sad expression. All four of Thyra's dragons whined as they looked at the tiny scale. Suddenly Ruffnut ran inside, panicked.

Ruffnut: Thyra! We need your help with finding Tuffnut! He got out, he's loose. It's really bad, very bad.

Thyra: ( stands up ) Alright, first thing I need you to do, Ruff, is remain calm. Panicking won't help. ( to Blare: ) Blare, track down Tuffnut.

Blare quickly followed the command, and sniffed the air for a few seconds before taking off.

Thyra: She's got a scent! Ruffnut, get on Barf and Belch and follow that night fury!

Ruffnut quickly ran out to get her and her brother's Zippleback. Thyra quickly got on Icestorm before she and the rest of the pack began flying after Blare.

( Back on Lycanwing Island )

The two dragon riders and their dragons were walking through the cave. They couldn't find any signs of any creature in the cave, but they saw writings and some kid drawings on the cave walls.

Fishlegs: ( reads some of the writing on the walls: ) " Beware the beast. Turn back before you become him. Your fate is sealed! " ( To Hiccup: ) Did you hear that, Hiccup?! Our fate is sealed!

Hiccup: Fishlegs, we're fine. It's just an old cave drawing-

Hiccup then noticed a kid drawing painted on the wall, it was off a stick figure of four dragons and a person with a heart drawn around them. Hiccup quickly noticed that the dragons looked like the same species as Thyra's dragons.

Hiccup: ( quietly, while looking at the drawing: ) Is that... Thyra and her dragons?

Fishlegs: I can't believe we're gonna die chasing an imaginary dragon and kid-

A kid voice above them: ( shouts happily, startling the two riders and dragons: ) HELLO NEW FACES!!!

Hiccup, Fishlegs, and their dragons quickly looked above to see a little girl that looked to be around ten years old with long, messy bright red hair, yellow eyes, and wearing what they think is a ripped wool dress with ripped up leggings underneath. The little girl was sitting in a hammock that was tied to two stalactites and she was smiling down at them.