"you guess?"

"i dont know."

i sigh and nod.

"it's complicated." he adds, his grip on my waist tightening.

"how?" i ask.

"shes not.. im not happy."

"of course you arent. guys like you can never get enough." i wonder how thisll look on video. will people be able to tell what we're talking about?

he looks at me almost as if hes confused, but then the realization begins to settle in.

"i dont do that anymore."

"you dont have to explain yourself, i dont care."

he looks a bit disappointed.

"what?"

"nothing." he looks off to the side before quickly looking back.

"is it a problem that i dont care?" i ask.

"..no." he hesitates.

he pulls me closer, our bodies pressed up against each other as we sway side to side.

i look into his eyes right as the beat drops.

it feels like time slows as we stare into each others eyes. holy shit.

this is what i wanted but for some reason it felt off. maybe its because half of the school is looking at us, or because his girlfriend is watching. and.. johnathan, too.

"this feels different." he mumbled.

his eyes were glittering a bit.

"different how?" i ask.

"it feels right."

i stay quiet.

"how many other girls have you said that to?" i tease him, a smile creeping onto my face.

he chuckles and looks away, poking his tongue through his cheek when he looks back. "shut up."

we both continue to giggle and make jokes as we dance slowly. i look around and realize how many people are smiling and saying 'aww'.

finally, the song comes to an end.

"give it up for the monarch and majesty!" the dj yells and everybody begins to clap and cheer once again.

we let go of each other and i notice him sneaking small glances at me.

"that was beautiful. i could feel the tension," The dj laughs, "but anyways.. lets go back to the party!"

and just like that, Just Wanna Rock by lil uzi vert starts playing.

the mosh pit starts again and i quickly head towards the entrance of the gym to not get cramped into the crowd.

"y/n." johnathan grabs my wrist and i turn to look at him.

"what?" i ask.

"where are you going?"

"back to the courtyard." i respond in a more confused tone.

"you cant date frank."

"i-"

"no listen to me, you cant date frank. i know how he is."

"chill out! he has a girlfriend."

"does he?"

he looks away and i follow his gaze where frank and maddy are arguing. oh shit.

"i.." my voice dies out.

"i saw the way you guys looked at each other." he sighed. "you cant date him, y/n. seriously. hes just gonna leave you how he left every other girl."

"so hes gonna leave maddy like that too?? what makes her so different?" i argue.

"he loves her."

i roll my eyes and move my wrist away.

i walk away from him and back to the courtyard. why would it be a problem if me and frank ever dated? me and johnathan arent even siblings so why would it matter.

it doesnt. right?