C 25 - "You're right, but I'm not the Kai you probably knew"

Start from the beginning

Lloyd takes the opportunity and runs to us. "You okay?" He asked as he observes the magic tying us. I chuckle, so happy to see him, " nothing both of us can't handle" Lloyd raises an eyebrow and roll his eyes, still the same nerd from school, i smile to myself .

"That aside; where's your sexy wings?" I smirked. Lloyd chuckled as his fingers caressed the bonds, his gloves brushing against the prices of my gi peeking out. "Not the time Kai. I gave a part of my powers to Rushiko. She's capable"

"So it was Harumi, wasn't it? it was her who tried to control you. Harumi wanted you in danger. Rushiko or Harumi, she's not good news" I glared.  Lloyd's eyes met mine, I wanted to avoid eye contact but he didn't let me escape.

"It's...not like that Kai, please believe me. Harumi was trying to protect me, and she was nice to you went you two met" god, I hate it when he's right—which was almost always.

"We did go to an arcade and...." Kai pulled a meekly grin, Lloyd sighed sarcastically, "seriously,  are you druck or something red ninja"

"Drunk just by looking at you" Kai teased, even through half covered, Lloyd's cheeks burst pink as he wanted to figure out how to release Kai and his friends before Black Thorn can interfere —and also for Kai to shut up. He loved him, yeah sure, but right now he really wanted to kiss him but is strangling himself not to since the others will see.

Lloyd cursed as he tried pulling on whatever the heck is holding Kai but it didn't budge, he could've pulled it off if he had full power. No regrets. No. Regrets, he's eyes focused.

"Darn it!" Lloyd took out one of his swords and stabbed the thing right on my gut. "Watch it!" I yelped, but lucky for the both of us, my bonds hissed and melted away. My feet touched the ground and I stretched my arms.

"Let's get the others" I nodded. I picked up my katanas and stabbed Nya and Cole's bonds as well, just like mine their ones also hissed and melted away. Lloyd went for Zane and got him out as well. Once we all gathered, Jay raised his hand,

"This is not a class Blue. What?" Nya rolled her eyes and kept her hand on her hip.

"Please tell me why Harumi is fighting Black Thorn right now?! Why is she here?!" Jay screamed. Cole pinched him to get him to shut up as me and Lloyd exchanged nervous glances. Just then Harumi was thrown against a wall, she used Lloyd's wings to bounce off and dodge one of her own daggers thrown at her by Black Thorn.

"We'll explain later. Right now she needs backup" I covered for Lloyd. We  both will tell them when this is over.

The others quickly grabbed their weapons. Lloyd immediately charged at Black Thorn, no matter how crazy that was I charged after him.

When an opening came between Harumi and Black Thorn, Lloyd jumped in between and kicked Black Thorn right on her knees which made her loose her footing, I took the opportunity and punched her in the face and she flew to a wall.

I cracked my knuckles and took out my katanas, "and that's for keeping to tied up for so long.

Before any of us could react, Black Thorn appeared right behind Harumi, out of impulse, she grabbed her mask and pulled it hard. It came right off, along with her hood.

Black Thorn landed as we all jumped back. She put her head down, red strands of hair fell down, a loose ponytail dangling down as well. She looked up.

We all gasped, Black Thorn was Skylor?! Of course, she's a Chen! Of course she was behind all this, why was I so blind?!

Her noose was bleeding a little and a few scratches covered her face but I could never dismiss the deja vu behind her grey eyes.

"This changes nothing! I will kill you first, Lloyd Garmadon isn't far behind"

I stood my ground, Harumi and Lloyd stood behind me while my friends cornered Skylor from behind, she was  so screwed.

"We won't let that happen. You will be stopped." Zane said.

"And don't you dare lay as little as a finger on Lloyd" I pointed my katana at her, anger building up inside.

Skylor laughed, "you didn't succeed to stop me before red ninja. Your carelessness is reminds me of a stupid boy from school too. I guess you two aren't that much apart either "

My blood boiled at her comment. "And who is that?" I said, my tone on edge. Skylor paced closer, Lloyd's fingers brushed mine and I felt that everyone was on alert.

"Kai. Kai Smith. So easy to manipulate. So easy to break a heart. Him and his stupid crushes, sickening"

"Really? what would he do in this situation?" I also walked closer until me and Skylor were only meters apart, our gazes burning everything.

"Take a guess red ninja—"

I lowered my katana, I felt Lloyd feel uneasy behind me. I nodded and eyed him. He returned the gesture nervously.

"Catch red!" Harumi yelled and threw my lion bracelet, I caught in time and held it in front of Skylor. Her eyes widened, she felt her pockets, her expression frozen,

"Looking for this?"

"How did you—"

"Back to answering your question; what would Kai do"

"He would probably piss me off"

"Exactly-" I snapped my fingers and I transformed into my lion form instantly. Skylor staggered back, astonishment in her eyes. I chuckle and feel the power back on me again, god, I missed the feeling.

Skylor looked dazed at the sudden turn of the tides. I grabbed my chance; before she could react, I jumped up and kicked her backwards.

She lost her footing but back tentacles grew from the floor and pulled her down, resuming her posture. I paused, what the heck?!

Skylor's gaze was blurred, immediately the tentacles shot in my direction, just in time, Lloyd jumped in between and used his swords to slice them.

"Nice one but, too bad, Kai wouldn't have gotten so far"  Skylor grinned.

I looked to Lloyd, he's green and purple gradient eyes sparkled confidently as he put is swords back. A smirk grew behind his mask. I returned the gesture. I took off my bracelet, immediately transforming back to my red ninja gi. I took a deep breath and pulled down my hood, revealing my identity to Skylor and Harumi.

"You're right, but I'm not the Kai you probably knew"

---------------------------------------------------------
Words: 1752

A bit short but I thought that this could be a good place to stop. We're almost at the end of this book and I'm so proud of my progress 🙂

Sorry if it took so long to update this part, I was lacking some inspiration so I ended up watching some awesome anime and tried out some new BL animes I found ❤️

Anyways, peace out ✌️