Fear of failure.

I'm procrastinating because of fear of failure.

What if after all this, I still mess up?

What if the people praying for my downfall actually get what they want?

There's no point in trying.

Except..

If I fear failure and embarrassment, I'm already setting myself up for failure. What would I rather have? Regret or embarrassment? Would I rather be a coward and live a boring life, or would I rather go out there and try?

Most people tell themselves that they're scared to mess up. They've messed up from the start. If you're not prepared to face rejection, to fail again and again before you finally reach success, then you might as well not try.

That's why there only a few amongst many who come out on top. It's those people - the people we make fun of early on, the people we laugh at with our so called friends, the people who still keep going even when it seems like all odds are against them. It's those people who come back better, whilst everyone else is stuck in the same position.

Remember this.

Regret is worse than embarrassment.

Progress is better than no progress, and even when it seems like you aren't progressing, you have to keep going. Perseverance is the key to success.