The Sea and In-between

Start from the beginning

The three rushed to the small house that supposedly was a hospital. Father's running with their children chaotically entered the hospital with their eyes maniacally trying to find help. Yet the starved, thirsty, and exhausted doctors would run trying to help but it was all like watching falling dominos pieces.

They saw children trembling with trauma. A little girl holding her new born baby sister in her arms as she herself starred into space emotionlessly. On the hospital beds was another baby given oxygen by her older brother that was passed away in the same bed. There were mothers kneeled to the hospital floors cradling their babies, daughters and sons as they were wrapped in white cloth with their once names written on. Doctors would randomly scream and cry when they realised the patient was their own families. The hospital was filled with cries, scream, blood, and death.

"What kind of monsters have done this?" Balencia bellowed as her golden illuminances shined brightly. The controller of electricity turned to go back to the soldiers at the border and blow them up.

"Hey HEY!" A man's voice called from behind. Balencia turned around to see a middle aged man with his doctors robe but flip flops on his feet covered in dust and debris. He ran over to Balencia as if he knew exactly who she was.

"I've been told to aid you in finding Khushboo, this way! Hurry! We don't have much time before the missiles come back" He panicked as he yanked Balencia's arm towards him.

The man took the little boy from Balencia leading her and Rehamal to a prison with only two guards surrounding it. The prison was ugly, and looked as if they were harbouring the worst of criminals, yet behind those iron doors were just innocent souls they wished to silence.

"I'll escort you out of the kingdom once you come out but hurry!" The man pressed cradling the little boy in this own arms. The way he would swing the little boy up and down was no where near to comforting. But could you blame him? The poor man had become a ticking time bomb and still, he tried comforting the children of destruction.

They entered the world of isolation. The deary dungeon was all-consuming. Once you entered, you lost the ability to smile or feel joy. The spirits of the tortured souls roamed the cells and halls like ashes of creatures that never tamed unshackled, even after death. As the metal bars rattled close behind Balencia and Rehamal, their eyes grew used to the dim light. The dingy cement reeked of loss, tattooed with the life stolen by steel and metal. The guards stood in front of the cells with prisoners, the hall of cells before that of the dead prisoners that the prison was too rotten to even clean up.

As Balencia and Rehamal approached the guards, the controller of electricity charged her illuminance ready to win a battle long awaited.

"HEY! WHO ARE YOU?! STOP!" The guard yelled walking towards them as if he was the authority of humankind. Rehamal took a step back remembering the days her Yaba was held captive.

"Disgrace! This land is a disgrace! No matter what part of the land I step on, it has blood of the innocent running through its lake!" Balencia roared underneath her breath. The anger and frustration of the land she once had hope for took over her and before the guard had a chance to yell once more, Balencia shot her golden light like the very airstrikes flying over them and blew up his entire face. (SPLAT) Blood splattered across Balencia's face as if she was an abstract painting. With that, the guard fell immediately to the floor. The guard behind him stood shivering, he was so fearful that he was unable to utter a single word. Balencia didn't even give him that chance as she served him the same fate as his friend.

"The coast is clear. Let's find her" Balencia bellowed as she started jolting down the halls looking for Khushboo. She shot her illuminance at every cell door opening it up. The prisoners were terrified for surely they weren't free, were they?