chapter forty eight

Start from the beginning

Nodding, the girls folded their arms indicating they were not joking. “You cannot force me against my will, only my master can!” she yelled, but they didn't even flinch.

Iyila angrily stared at them, her temper was gradually growing. She knew it would soon snap. She wanted to go out and call for Martha’s attention, but she knew better. They wouldn’t allow her out, neither could she go out like that. She groaned and gave up, knowing she would achieve nothing with her anger. She rather decided to address the problem diplomatically.

“Please I beg of you,” she pleaded.

“Ya wil wear no dress ’cept tis,” the girl holding the white flowery dress said. Iyila’s eyes moved from them to the dress. The dress was not only short and sleveless but also quite transparent. After staring at the dress for a while, she decided to give in to their demands.

“Very well then,” she murmured, which caused the girls to happily jump in triumph. They had won and she had lost. She wore the dress and the girl that had abducted her decent dress arranged her hair. She groaned as the girl combed her hair, and at last the girl announced that she was finished. Sighing Iyila stood up to face the other girls. Their expressions shocked her. Their faces all held amazement. She wondered what the Negro had done to her hair, quickly she reached for the mirror and then she saw the transformation that had occurred to her face.

“Ya so beauriful,” the girl beside her gasped. A smile quickly replaced her frown. She didn’t disagree with the negro. On a normal day she would have, but today she didn’t need a soothsayer to tell her that she was beautiful. She was indeed beautiful. “I am beautiful,” she murmured as she stared at the person in the mirror. Her hair waves were packed into a neat bun, while some of her front hair was allowed to dangle around the sides of her face. She didn’t know she was that beautiful. “Thank you,” she quickly turning to the Negro who had arranged her hair. The negro nodded, “yo gown suits ya,” she said and Iyila nodded again. “True,” she replied. “Well lets go.”

“Well you all may leave, I will join you all in a bit,” Iyila said. “Ok Liya, ya hav to hurry and meet us there,” one girl said. “Ok I will,” she answered and the girls left taking her decent dress. Perhaps they were afraid that she might put it on again.

Once alone in the room, she took a full look at herself. The mirror only allowed her to see down to her thighs. From the mirror she could see that the dress, like the other girl's dresses, clung to her features. Her cleaverage was obvious, her curves were more highlighted, and her perky nipples were apparent.

She dropped the mirror and tried to breathe. She was nervous and at the same time excited. She didn’t know if Gabriel would frown or simply laugh at the outfit. She was in doubt. She took a deep breath and sat down on a stool, trying not to be peevish.

Just then Martha came in. Startled, Iyila jumped up.
“Oh gal, calm yo horses.”

“Oh I never knew it was you,” Iyila uneasily said. She noted that Martha was also wearing the same kind of dress that she wore. But Martha’s had sleeves and wasn’t as revealing as hers.

“Ya look so wonderful,” Martha said as she placed her hands on Iyila’s shoulders. Iyila scoffed, she felt more nervous than before. “Thank you Miss Martha, you also look beautiful.” The woman laughed.

“Not as you, buh wah do ya loo’ so nervous, ya ’righ?”

Iyila sighed, she indeed needed a counsel. “Miss, do you think that my master would approve of me being dressed in this manner?” she uneasily asked. Martha sternly stared at her up and down while Iyila impatiently waited for her verdict. Then at last she laughed.