4: Nightmare

"Wheeljack, we should be arriving at the coordinates here in a few days." I said to the Wrecker, followed by a slightly exhausted yawn.

"You should get some recharge. Y/D, you look like you're about to doze off."

"I'll try. Dunno if I can." I stood from the co-pilot seat and went over to the spare recharge slab that was mounted to the back corner of the Jackhammer and I curled up on the cold metal with my wings neatly folded against my back. I closed my optics and slowly dozed off to recharge. However, it was not a pleasant one.

I had a dream of when I was a youngling only a short while before the fall of Vos, my sire and carrier were having a meeting with Megatron to negotiate some sort of agreement for Vos to stay out of the war.

It started off while I was in the Vosian royal gardens reading from a datapad, the sound of the guard catching my attention.

"We request an audience with the Empress and Emperor." The voice of Megatron said.

"Of course, they are expecting you along with the council. Please follow me." The guard said. I looked up from where I was reading and darted for cover behind one of the large pillars, my small helm peeking over the side as I watched the hulking warlord and his comrades Soundwave and Starscream stride through the gardens and towards the main entrance, escorted by a royal guard. Soundwave was the only one who seemed to notice me, his visored helm turning to where I was hiding. I shrank back behind the pillar as the bad feeling grew, Soundwave shrugging my presence off and continuing on.

'Something is freaky with those bots.' I thought to myself. 'I don't trust them.' I quickly darted towards the main entrance and snuck around the halls, keeping a close optic on the Decepticons while staying out of sight.

"Please wait here, and you will be seen shortly." The guard said before dismissing himself. When the trio thought they were alone, I could overhear Starscream mutter something to Megatron.

"I don't know why you are wasting time with them." Starscream grumbled. "Vos wouldn't side with the Autobots, so what makes you think they would side with us?"

"Because even if they refuse us, they will fall to our hand. Even now, forces are preparing to invade. One way or another, Vos will be mine." Megatron said.

"You can't do that!" I squeaked fearfully, all 3 of them turning their helms towards me. "I-i-i won't let you!"

"How long have you been listening, youngling?" Megatron growled.

"Long enough." I then spotted my sire, carrier, and the council approach the trio, and I rushed towards them. "Carrier! Sire!"

"Not now, Y/D." My carrier said. "We have a meeting to attend."

"No! You can't!" I begged.

"Prince Y/D, what in Primus has you all fussed up?" One of the councilmen asked.

"They are really bad bots! They have forces that are planning to invade!"

"Please forgive our son," my sire said as he picked my small form up and passed me off to my caretaker Jetfire. "He sometimes has an overactive imagination."

"But... but I heard them!" I said meekly.

"A simple misunderstanding, I assure you." Megatron said. "We were discussing the threat we believe the Autobots pose to Vos and her people, which is the purpose of this meeting."

"No! You're lying!" I snapped.

"Jetfire, please take Y/D to his room. It's getting late." My carrier said. "As for you, young bot, no more Wrecker stories for you."