That was the end of my attempt.

Comenzar desde el principio

You leaned back and sighed in contentment as I put the pieces away.

"Emma, dear, thank you for doing this. It's very kind of you to have suggested this." I felt your eyes practically bore into me as i carefully slid the lid to the box on. Why did you stare at me like that? I don't think you realized how hard you made it for me. Knowing that you were looking at me made it harder for me to keep my thoughts away from kissing you.

"Of course. I would do anything if It meant it brought you joy. I was surprised you and your fiancé hadn't done anything." My eyes never left the box as I took it into my hands before getting up. I didn't have him, I resented him out of jealousy. How could I not resent the man that practically had your hand in marriage? You were silent for a moment before speaking. I walked over to the shelf as you spoke.

"He and I are separated at the moment." My eyebrows raised in question as I slid the box into its place. I went and sat back down next to you.

"Can I ask why?" You played with your fingers nervously before catching my gaze. I hadn't noticed until then that your engagement ring was taken off.

"I will once you tell me what the whole debacle with your mother was about."

It was then that I stayed silent for a moment. I debated on leaving the Ruby part out, but then it wouldn't make sense. I would just seemed even more stupid than I already had. I sighed heavily releasing a breath that i didn't know I had held in.

"I was on the phone with a friend, and she was trying to figure out who I liked. When she guessed it.. I.. I reacted harshly because I didn't want anyone to know. I had an anxiety attack. My mom tried to comfort me.." I swallowed hard before continuing. "And I flinched knocking over the salad and scaring my baby brother. She went to comfort him.. of course.. Reminding me that I was nothing but.. But.. A puzzle piece entered into an already complete.. family."

I rambled out certain parts and drug out others as I told you. It was hard. It was the first time I had openly admitted that I knew I wasn't a part of the family, and that most likely never would be.

You put your hand over mine that was resting on my upper thigh. The action sent chills down my spine. My breath hitched in the back of my throat. Your hand was so close to my bare skin. I looked up at you, my eyes glassy.

"Why would you be afraid of someone knowing who you liked?" The question came out as a whisper. That was the question I dreaded most. I knew even if I tried I couldn't lie to you. I just stared at you intently not knowing how to form it into words.

"I guess because it's stupid.. I haven't even accepted it myself.. It's confusing.. And crazy.. And a pathetic crush that isn't going to turn into anything." You moved your hand up and caresses the side of my face. I couldn't help but nuzzle further into the action. I closed my eyes as I drew in a deep breath and reveled in the feeling of your warm hand against my face. It was far too personal for it to be just an exchange between a teacher and student and I guess that's why I enjoyed it so much.

"Dear, having feelings for someone isn't pathetic. You can't help who you're attracted to, it's your basic nature." I wanted to ask if it was my basic nature to have feelings for you, but I had to stop myself by biting my bottom lip. It was the only thing keeping me from spouting off how I really felt.

"My feelings Are out of my control though, and I don't know how to stop feeling this way. It's not okay.." Your face turned up into a soft smile. It was kind of reassuring like everything would be okay even though I wasn't sure of it.

"Who is it? I doubt it's that's bad. Honestly, I think you can like who you like. No one can judge you."

"Please don't ask that. You're. You just can't." I think that then you picked up on the hint. You didn't know it was you, but you realized it was someone I wasn't supposed have feelings for.