Too Much Too Soon!.

"You're a fucking idiot Mark" the man sighed to himself as he lay in his bed, "what were you thinking coming onto him like that, get a bloody grip", pinching his brows together he groaned, "you fucked that up royally you bloody pleb, aaaaaahh fucks sakes".

Mark hadn't been thinking straight and had let his heart, and other bits, rule his head, he knew Danny was fragile but the need in him to be with the man he already loved, had watched being mistreated for two years, then spent four years trying to track down was overriding any rational thoughts.

"I'll apologise to him", stretching out he picked up his phone from the bedside and tapped on Dannys contact, then thought better of it.

"Don't apologise by text you bloody idiot, at least talk to him" he muttered angrily to himself, not being able to get up the stairs to the guest room on his own, well not without difficulty and the possibility of falling, he resigned himself to waiting until the morning.

****

Danny arrived downstairs to find Mark already up, showered and dressed, much to his surprise, he'd set an alarm and come down early to help him get sorted and into the kitchen, so was surprised at the man being already there.

"Good morning Danny did you sleep well?" Rachel gave a slightly less bright smile than the previous day.

"Er....yes, thank you, very well, that bed is lovely", he said awkwardly as he sat down next to Mark flashing a smile at the man, "Hi Mark" he said softly.

"Morning Danny", Marks voice had lost some of its lustre that morning, Danny surmised he was probably still pretty tired, he'd been through a lot and more than likely was in pain with his hand.

Letting it go he continued on with breakfast, casting sideways glances at the man, he knew Mark was looking at him but every time he looked back the grey eyes averted their gaze.

"What are you two up to today?", John grinned as he sat down, looking between the younger men sensing a tension his eyes narrowed and his grin fell a notch.

"I'm going to just watch TV and chill I think, I'm still getting used to being home, that's why I woke up so early I guess" Mark said as cheerily as he could through a yawn, "I'm just so tired".

"And you Danny, what's your plans?" John said a little less happily, he didn't like the fact that the younger men seemed to be having some kind of conflict.

"I don't know, um, well I woke early to help Mark get ready, but........he doesn't seem to need me" Danny said quietly trying not to show his disappointment.

"It's good though that he's doing okay on his own, he'll recover really quickly.........." he tailed off.

"I'm going back to my room, watch a film or something" Mark yawned again, "then back to bed", standing up shakily Danny made a grab for his hand to steady him, but Mark pulled away, "I'm fine Danny honestly, I need to do this on my own, I need to get back to work at some point, although I don't know how much use I'll be with only three fingers" holding up his left hand he gave a half hearted laugh.

"O-okay" Danny watched as the man walked slowly back to his rooms.

"What's going on with you two this morning?", Rachel plonked herself on the sofa in Marks small sitting room, "you were so happy coming home, what went wrong?" she gazed at her son seeing the pain in his eyes.

"He doesn't want what I want mum, I came onto him yesterday, I know I shouldn't have, but god mum I love him, I watched him get humiliated by that bastard Cross for two years, then it took me four years to find him again, I just want him mum, I need him in my life", Mark sniffled.