Crossed Wires!.

Leaving the hospital Danny was floating on air, feeling so free and so content that he never wanted that feeling to go.

"Daft bugger" he chuckled to himself as John navigated the streets back to his flat, Rachel checking him out in the rear view mirror as he laughed at yet another text from Mark.

At the hospital John and Rachel had presented Mark with a new phone, his having been destroyed when it flew out of its mount on the handlebars of his bike the night of the accident, he'd immediately got it up and running and now had three contacts in it, his mum, his dad and Danny, and had been texting him constantly since they left.

Danny hadn't wanted to go, but he had to, he'd have stayed all night if the hospital staff would let him, but sadly visiting was over and it was pretty certain that Mark would be out the next day anyway, so, reluctantly he'd pulled himself out of the warm embrace and accompanied Rachel and John back to their car.

Mark: I miss you, I miss you, I miss you 😚

Mark: Come baaaaaack, I'm dying here 😢 come baaaaaack my Danny.

Mark: Let me know when you're home, I wanna hear your voice again, I'm gonna call you and keep you up all night 😅

Danny: Daft sod, okay I'll text when I get in ☺️

Pulling up outside his flat he thanked John and Rachel profusely for letting him come and see Mark wake up, and for being there for him, to which the pair scoffed and assured him they wouldn't have it any other way.

Danny: I'm back, give me half an hour to shower and stuff then I'll be free and we can talk 😊

Text done he headed straight for the shower as soon as his door was closed and he'd flicked on the lights.

Showered and ready to chill and talk the night away with Mark, Danny reclined on the sofa waiting for his call, beer in hand, feet up.

The shrill ringing of his phone in his hand broke him from his thoughts.

"Hey gorgeous", Marks voice instantly warmed him.

"Gorgeous?, hardly" he grinned into the phone.

"But you are Danny, I miss you so much already, I'm guessing mirror man didn't come tonight?" Mark chuckled.

"No, I will miss him though" Danny sighed with a smirk.

"Huh, I'm offended, don't you miss me?" Mark huffed.

"Of course I do" Danny blushed.

A knock on the door broke their conversation temporarily, "oh hang on there's someone at the door, it's probably Hina" Danny sighed and rested the phone on the arm of the sofa as Mark affirmed that he'd wait.

Chuckling to himself Danny unlocked and opened the door, expecting to see the cheery face of his best friend, instead......

"DYLAN?, what the fuck?".

"Hello Danny, I found you at last", his ex husband barged in through the door, banging it closed, locking it then throwing the key to one side, then, seeing Danny glance over at his phone, not bothering to look at who was on the line, he grabbed it from the sofa arm and tapped the call end icon.

****

Back at the hospital Mark had heard enough to know that Danny was in danger, grabbing his phone he tapped on his mothers contact.

"Come on come on mum, answer, come on...... Mum thank fuck" Mark stammered as his mothers cheery voice came down the line.

"Mum, listen, Dylan Cross is at Dannys flat, you have to get back there and call the police, mum......you there?" Mark was shaking, terrified for Danny, Cross was capable of anything after he'd been taken down and his dodgy dealings exposed.